Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first off I wasn't really sure where to put this so I threw it in general unless someone can direct me where to go.
So I know it's a little late in the Caliber game here to be throwing this out there but I was lurking around the Patriot forums today and I came across two programs that I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with?
They're called Appcar DiagFCA & OBD JScan; I searched the entire forum and terms never came up so I figured I would ask or bring some attention to it. They seem to be pretty phenomenal programs; by most accounts, with multitudes of features and new levels of access, such as programming a new key which is especially of interest to me as cloning a key for a car this old still incurs significant cost.

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
We have used Android apps for accessing and resetting codes. The Caliber can program new keys on its own.
So do tell what are the phenomena?

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can only program a new key if you have 2 original unique keys from the manufacturer, however since many of these cars are now older and being purchased second, third hand or older sometimes they only come with a single key for the ignition. To duplicate an ignition key from a single original key usually requires you to go to a shop where a professional key cloning machine exists so it can be recognized by your immobilizer or you can purchase your own blanks online and then pay significantly less for software to do it yourself but you already knew that, I’m sure.

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts