Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem almost 2 months ago. Once at the 2 weeks apper this message : noFUSE, not open the doors of the remote and my CD player resets but returned when i put the key in ignition. About 2 days the message dont disappear and the malfunction is on even i put the ignition! What i have to do ? Is this a serious problem or something minor and i dont have to worry about it?

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I don't understand what you're saying or asking, but we have a very lovely and wonderful member here named Licia who is also Italian. Maybe she can reply to you in Italian and then translate the problem for those of us who are slow minded. I'm not saying everyone else here may not understand, but I don't. Sorry. Welcome to the forumz and I hope someone can answer your question.

Reactions: LYC79

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I'm not sure what you are describing, either. I have checked the repair manual, and searched the internet for "noFUSE", and have come up empty. My suggestion is, if it is still doing it, have the dealer look at it.

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
I copied this from the Nitro side : Here's a pic of the fuse that is likely causing your problem. It's called the IOD (Ignition Off Draw Fuse/Main Fuse location J13). Its probably not seat properly to engage the fuse completely or the fuse isn't making a good connection which will give your the "no Fuse" message. Vehicles get delivered from the factory with this fuse disengaged and when the Pre-Delivery Inspection is performed it is installed.
Might help?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I copied this from the Nitro side : Here's a pic of the fuse that is likely causing your problem. It's called the IOD (Ignition Off Draw Fuse/Main Fuse location J13). Its probably not seat properly to engage the fuse completely or the fuse isn't making a good connection which will give your the "no Fuse" message. Vehicles get delivered from the factory with this fuse disengaged and when the Pre-Delivery Inspection is performed it is installed.
Might help?
I just tried a new search using the term differently and found this:

The message indicates that the dash is not getting any power on the IOD circuit (ignition off draw). The fuse in question is one that's removed for long term storage, so the battery doesn't go dead. The message in the odometer is a reminder to dealers to install it before delivering the car to a customer.
It's fuse #7 or 8 under the hood. It's one of the square cartridge type fuses.
There was an alert sent to export dealers regarding this issue. Some of the dealers have not been reconnecting the fuse properly, and it is intermittently not making contact. Generally it only requires pushing down the fuse so it seats properly.

Reactions: mouser

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Thanks for the "wonderful" Charlie! :D

And yes :rep: to Dave. Good find!

Zz3ull Your Cali is a 09 so under warranty ... I would go to the dealer the same ... if "Some of the dealers have not been reconnecting the fuse properly" maybe they could have messed up something else ?!? Hopefully not but better to check! :)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
You already got your rep too! Don't push it!
Not pushing anything. It just bothers me when I have that nagging feeling I've seen something before, but can't find it. I'm satisfied now.:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the "wonderful" Charlie! :D

And yes :rep: to Dave. Good find!

Zz3ull Your Cali is a 09 so under warranty ... I would go to the dealer the same ... if "Some of the dealers have not been reconnecting the fuse properly" maybe they could have messed up something else ?!? Hopefully not but better to check! :)

The dealer told me to use the second key, or replace the battery key with a new one! WT...? lol?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
The dealer told me to use the second key, or replace the battery key with a new one! WT...? lol?
Ask your dealer if his techs know how to properly install the IOD fuse and see what he says.:gr_grin:

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Ask your dealer if his techs know how to properly install the IOD fuse and see what he says.:gr_grin:
Ditto ! :smileup: or change dealer ... LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is the problem ... :

Cd player is dead

for dk1677 , my panel is different , looks like that

After that , all things go back to normal , but i have to set clock again and my radio stations

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
That is the problem ... :

Cd player is dead

for dk1677 , my panel is different , looks like that

After that , all things go back to normal , but i have to set clock again and my radio stations
We have given you the cause. The IOD fuse. If you want the dealer to fix the issue, print out the TSB I linked to on the first page. Give it to the dealer and insist they verify the fuse is seated properly as specified in the TSB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts