Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after taking Callie O'Mallie to two different dealerships for the now infamous squeaky passenger seat, I may have found the right place to take her finally. I hit the third dealership today and they were very familiar with the TSB on the Calibers. Not only was the passenger seat squeaking, but just last week the drivers seat started doing it too. Don Peppers Chrysler Jeep dealership in Paris, TN seems to have cured it for now. I guess time will tell the tale. Sterling Marlin Dodge in Dickson, TN and Miracle Chyrsler Jeep in Gallatin, TN can both kiss my rear end. Neither will ever see me again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can you come pick up my car and bring it to your dealership!?!?! :eek: My passenger seats still squeaks but I am thinking it is the actual seatbelt not the tracks. I was playing around with it and I finally got it to make some noise. But it could have been wishful thinking.

Glad you got yours fixed. Hopefully it stays fixed. :D

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Glad you had it finally fixed and that you found a good dealer Charlie! :smileup:

Luckily I can't complain about my dealer ... at least till now! LOL

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Beka, the tech there actually said in addition to bending some tabs on the seat rack, that he replaced the inner non-pre tensioner on both sides. He said they are seat belt buckle halfs. The part # for the drivers side is 23130105 and the part# for the passenger side is 23130104. Maybe you and anyone else that's got that frigging squeaky seat can give your dealers these part numbers and get that taken care of. Sorry I can't help you with your wheel situation. That's just some lazy tech doing a half-assed job.

Reactions: natebeka

·
Registered
483 Posts
Awesome, thanks Charlie. I am writing the part numbers down. :) Hopefully they won't give me a hard time about that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
After taking it in two times to my dealership, they finally replaced the passenger's side seat track that was making the noise. now no more problems! (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told them if this didn't fix it, that I'd want new tracks ordered. The tech promised me that what he did would fix it. Said he's done that to several Calibers and hasn't seen one of them come back yet. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a while. Beka, as long as you're still covered by your warranty, I don't see why they'd give you any crap about it. If they do, just call Chrylser at 1-800-992-1997. That's what my wife did.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Beka, I've been gone for eight days. Did you get that seat fixed yet? I'm taking Callie in tomorrow morning to see if they can figure out why the blower motor wires are getting so hot that they burn you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Beka, I've been gone for eight days. Did you get that seat fixed yet? I'm taking Callie in tomorrow morning to see if they can figure out why the blower motor wires are getting so hot that they burn you.
Hey :wavey:, not yet. :) Too lazy. It is a big ordeal to bring the car in. I have to leave work, find a ride, blah blah. So, I am waiting for something else to go wrong or an oil change LOL!!! But I wrote down the parts and have it in my purse, just in case I pop in sometime. I also have to pick up some touchup paint but apparently they don't keep it in stock.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's cool. My three year, 36,000 mile warranty will expire tomorrow on my way home from the dealership, so I hope nothing else so piddly and aggravating will happen to it. I'll be on my own to fix things not drive train related from here on out. My wife still hates it and I still love it.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not by a long shot, Aleks. I owe way too much on Callie to even consider trading her on anything else for several years.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey rheemonster, here's the part #'s you'll need to get your dealer to replace. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome. I'm glad to help when I can. Which isn't very often. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts