Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took me longer than anticipated to start looking into this issue, mostly because it's taken me this long to find a job, so I can afford to hopefully repair it.

I have an '07, purchased used last year. I detailed the car a bit in my intro thread last year, but tl;dr it fit the budget and was mechanically sound. Cosmetically... needs work. But, whatever, nice to not have to worry as much if people can't remember what lines in a parking lot are for.

There's one issue that I'd like to fix, mostly so my gas mileage can improve a bit. I'm going to be driving the car a lot more with this job (it's about 35-ish miles from the house), and since purchase (and assuming before), the cruise control hasn't worked. I've searched around, and saw this seems to be a common issue, even some being DoA when they were new. However, none of the other posts I've seen on here or elsewhere, mention the additional issue I'm having that I don't even get an indicator light. The lever honestly doesn't feel like it has any resistance. Both my Tiburon and Passat had similar levers, and they would give me -some- feedback when pressed.

Am I likely looking at a broken lever, instead of (or maybe in addition to) the usual fare? I can get pics/video if needed to get the point across. I used to have some but, apparently cleared them off my phone.

It's a minor thing, but it would make the drive home easier. That and replacing the head unit with something that doesn't have a chewed up aux port... and maybe with nav.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Both the button at the end of the stalk and moving the lever in all directions (up/down/forward) have some resistance to them. The button has a fair amount, the lever movement is more modest but there. If it's not even turning on then I'd say the lever is either bad or the electrical connection to it has an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've got to run out to the store later today, and I'll double check the button. I do remember resistance from it, just not how much. But the lever itself is "floppy."

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
The lever shouldn't be floppy. I'm guessing it's broken and needs replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts