Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car no start no crank. Found the usual culprit of the relay corrosion problem - fixed. Have power to relay block. Good Battery... MAIN issue is that when key to start the instrument panel goes dark release the key have Lightning bolt and engine lit. Have been going crazy for a week. Even changed out starter and throttle body. Tried a different TIPM from donor same results... The cluster going dark with key start position us what is blowing me away...
I have access to All Data... I get that some have found wire issues - but unless they are somewhere deep in harness I have not found it. Lights work, horn blows, key fob locks and unlocks. Just cannot get pass this point and nowhere has anyone put online similar symptoms. Anyone can help? Ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Other than a short somewhere deep in the wiring harness, it could be a bad ECU.

Try pulling all the fuses not needed to start the car and see if that isolates the problem.

Have you tried pulling the OBD codes?

You may have to let the dealer diagnose this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really registering any codes. Just to weird. No crank no start last Monday. Immediately thought it was a battery issue - it was not. Went deeper found fan Relay in block behind fender corroded... Move wires to spare (open) block new relay... Still same old story. Have battery where you would expect it to be... Tearing apart the wiring harness to trace and ohm out wires so far nothing revealed... Cannot afford dealer prices and in my area they have bad reputation anyway.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Take your battery to one of the chain auto parts stores and have it load tested for free. If your battery is bad, all sorts of weird electrical problems can result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm a bit late to the party on this one. I hope you have it fixed by now, but if you haven't I would suggest checking the earth side of the electrics if the battery is definitely good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts