Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 caliber rt and I installed all the wires color to color on the stereo and the interface adapter from Walmart for my car. Everything works except audio. I looked and i have a factory amp so what do i need to do to get the speakers to work? I also am not sure about the steering wheel controls and the interface harness from walmart has to be programed as well. The stereo i put in is a phase lunear uv8 (jensen). I have printed out the harness diagrams and still no luck. Anyone able to help me?

·
Registered
645 Posts
If your car originally had an external amp then the speakers are connected to that, not to your head unit. That's why you're not getting any audio.

Your best bet is to go to www.crutchfield.com, put in the specs for your car's original audio system, and see what adapters they recommend for installing an aftermarket head unit. That'll tell you if you can simply buy adapters to get your speakers connected to your new head unit or whether you'll need to manually run the wires from the amp location to the head unit to get them connected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts