Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here goes everyone Caliber 1.8 petrol on 56 plate alarm randomly goes off abs light comes and goes when parked over night radio will change to AM even when turned off and driven hours etc will zero . I have heard that the TIPM are problematic if you fit new one are they plug and play , apart from that am enjoying the Caliber

·
Registered
Dodge Calibre SXT Sport CRD
38 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, lots of helpful info and owners here that are great at giving valuable info and advice. I'm new here myself, so yes they can be problematic and with everything on the electrics of the Caliber, make sure you get the correct match on the part numbers and you should be ok. I've had a couple of my own warning lights come on and off at times and got them checked over as I'm not a great auto electric guy, thankfully got it all sorted with not a lot of hassle. Check for bad earths and exposed wires touching body panels as well, especially under the battery tray. Before going and buying then replacing parts especially the TIPM, I'd get a good auto-electrician to check the fault over if you can't find an obvious answer. Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,497 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Either your battery is dying/not recharging or the wiring loom is chaffed. At this age look for corroded connectors and earth/ground points

Reactions: biff
1 - 4 of 4 Posts