Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 or so months I was finally able to purchase new tires for the Caliber and all I can say is WOW. The road noise is almost gone I did not realize how noisy the firestones were and how bad there overall traction was. I got a set of Toyo Eclipse no more road noise and my handling is way better..

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Another one who got rid of the crappy Firestone :smileup: :D Congrats!
Good choice on the Toyo.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Yep, nothing sucks as much as Firestones when it comes to tires. Dunlops run a close second though.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Which brand do you have, Dean? Mine came with the Dunlops and they were okay, but sure were noisy. I finally had enough around 35,000 miles and bought some Goodyear Viva II's on sale at Wal-Mart. Got 10,000 on them now and like them a lot.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I got mine at Wal-Mart on sale for $65.00 each. I also bought the lifetime balance and rotation along with the road hazard warranty. I don't recall the exact amount, but it was somewhere in the $300 range after tax and everything else. Mine has 15" tires.

·
Registered
84 Posts
alright thanks. mine are so bald lol. its seriously bad. i go slip and sliding on the roads when its raining. dont get me wrong its fun! lol but time for some new ones lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
My original crap Firestones were so bad that my car got quieter when i put my winter tires on!!
The Yoko Avid TRZ's are much quieter. I still had about 6/32 tread on the crapstones, but since Chrysler covered half the cost of new set of tires, i didnt wait until they were bald.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My original crap Firestones were so bad that my car got quieter when i put my winter tires on!!
The Yoko Avid TRZ's are much quieter. I still had about 6/32 tread on the crapstones, but since Chrysler covered half the cost of new set of tires, i didnt wait until they were bald.

Wish Chrysler had paid for 1/2 of mine!! I also went with the Yoko Avid TRZ last summer and it was the best decision I ever made. My Firestones still had great tread but were so noisy you could not have a conversation with the passanger when driving.

:Racing:
Chantel

·
Registered
719 Posts
LOL. on the road noise. I just put the Hankook Optimo H727s on mine and the road noise is almost completely gone. In fact it is so low that now i hear every other creak and rattle...LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
i just bought 4 new tires from discount tire store..... the tire is pirelli p4 four season. the road noise is almost gone and handling is good. i can hear the engine noise now instead of loud road noise courtesy of the stock tire(56000 + miles on it). also my dual mopar exhaust is louder now than before....lol. but one thing i noticed the mpg drops and the engine works harder. i drove out of town with two passengers and lots of bags for weekend outing. before i can drived past 85 to 90mph easily but this time maintaining a speed of 70mph i have to past 3000 rpm. so i turn off the speed cruiser. i don't know what is going on.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My original Firestones are down to 4/32 after 28k miles, and I am not hard on them. I plan to get new tires before the harsh winter here. Shope says I should go up 1 size from 215 to 225 or something like that. Says very little is available in 215 and the size up would be OK on the SXT.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
My original Firestones are down to 4/32 after 28k miles, and I am not hard on them. I plan to get new tires before the harsh winter here. Shope says I should go up 1 size from 215 to 225 or something like that. Says very little is available in 215 and the size up would be OK on the SXT.
I did the 225/55-17s. There are more possibilities in that size, and for that reason they are cheaper. The speedo will run 1/2 mile faster at 70mph.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Prop-Thanks for the info. I'll go for the P225/55R17's. Anxious to get rid of the OEM tires. I didn't think they'd be so worn at 28k miles, but they really are!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I plan to go with the same tires I had on my heavily modded Grand Prix GT. Falken Sincera 828's.

Great tire, great ware, great grip, and cheap. Its good for an all season as its not a unidirectional tread design.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts