Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick How-To with pics that I forgot to post:

Step 1: Open Hatch

Step 2: Remove these connectors. You will have to pry up the middle section to get them out:

Step 3: Remove stock tail lights. After the above connectors are removed there are two friction connectors holding them on. Firmly pull on the lights straight back to remove them. Twist the bulbs out of the lights. When done you will have this:

Step 4: Unpack new lights and get familiar with the connections. Remove the necessary covers from the turn signal and backup light sockets

Step 5: Connect new lights. You will need to reuse the factor socket for the brake lights. Plug in the harness from the tail lights into that socket. The other bulbs will re-install the same way that they were removed.

Step 6: Carefully feed the wires back into the tail light and secure the brake light socket

Step 7: Re-install the tail lights.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did/do not really replace the whole tail light. I bet they cost a lot.
Do you know of anybody installing a 3157 LED Bulb - Dual Intensity 45 SMD LED Tower(Part Number: 3157-A45-T | UPC: 847781019094) from www.superbrightleds.com??
When I put a white one in the rear, the thing started flashing real fast. That and it was not very bright. Found out I need to use red on red lens.
I did chat with superbrightleds.com and was told to use Load Resistor RL-650 on each bulb to get things to work.
Thanks

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I did/do not really replace the whole tail light. I bet they cost a lot.
Do you know of anybody installing a 3157 LED Bulb - Dual Intensity 45 SMD LED Tower(Part Number: 3157-A45-T | UPC: 847781019094) from www.superbrightleds.com??
When I put a white one in the rear, the thing started flashing real fast. That and it was not very bright. Found out I need to use red on red lens.
I did chat with superbrightleds.com and was told to use Load Resistor RL-650 on each bulb to get things to work.
Thanks
You're in the wrong thread. Go to this one: http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?32141-Make-Those-Aftermarket-Tails-Work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts