Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have heard about this site and thought I would finally register and introduce myself. I am a big fan of Chrysler and have grown to like the Dodge Caliber SRT4. Thus far my favorite Chrysler vehicles are the 300c and Challenger. My mom is an engineer for Chrysler and so I am a bit biased towards their products :). I have a great passion for cars and have a great interest in Customization. I previously went for a Transportation Design degree but switched majors after two years due to price of tuition. Two of my favorite cars are: a 1969 Dodge Charger RT 426 and a 1995 Mclaren F1 LM. I am a Christian and have devoted my life to Christ and I am wondering where He wants me to go after college. I have gone to Iowa on various trips to help out with the flood relief there and have gone to Jamiaca for a mission trip.

I currently drive a 99 Chrysler LHS and love it. My mom's vehicle lease just ended and so she decided to get a used vehicle and is in the process of buying a used Dodge Caliber RT. I have driven the Caliber around and love it. I am a big fan of muscle cars and the hemi and so the inline four is new to me. It performs great and I have no complaints.

I am excited to join this forum now that I have been introduced to a Caliber and hope to give feedback to others and learn from others on their experiences.

Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ Carbon Fiber !!!!!!!!!!!!! The csrt4 is very nice, and i wish i bought it, but I had a lack of funds.. Im happy with my sxt though.... Whats your major?? Mine was marketing but now I dont know what I want to do... I think you will be very happy with the R/T

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been busy. Any plans for mods for your Caliber? There are lots of ideas here. Post some pics when you get a chance, and thanks for filling out your info on the CP. That makes it easier to identify your model later if you have more questions. Have fun with it.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ Family! :wavey: Thanks for joining us, we are happy to have you here.
Great intro ! Keep us posted on your (mom) purchase!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Welcome to our Caliber family. If you do your own maintenance (oil change, sparkplugs), you'll see that it is very easy to do.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Welcome to the forumz, Carbon Fiber. We're glad you could join us. Have your mom sign up when she gets her Caliber, too. As long as you're doing what you feel God wants you to do, just keep doing what you are. He will guide you as needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the ForumZ Carbon Fiber !!!!!!!!!!!!! The csrt4 is very nice, and i wish i bought it, but I had a lack of funds.. Im happy with my sxt though.... Whats your major?? Mine was marketing but now I dont know what I want to do... I think you will be very happy with the R/T

My major now is Mechanical Engineering. I love driving the RT, its a fun little car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been busy. Any plans for mods for your Caliber? There are lots of ideas here. Post some pics when you get a chance, and thanks for filling out your info on the CP. That makes it easier to identify your model later if you have more questions. Have fun with it.
During most of the year my mom will drive it to work, but in the summer, I take it for a couple of months, so I have to be slightly hesitant on modifications as this is my mom's car.

I have looked at various modifications. As my mom is driving it, we probably won't go to extreme on modifications. Most will be mopar accessories like interior guards, sills, (all in satin silver), shift knob, aluminum pedals, and then later on install the leather seat covers to cover up the cloth with blue inserts. Outside, most parts will be from mopar like the srt spoiler. I am looking at various body kits to apply. I would like the caliber to stand out a bit in the crowd. As Ross 1316 said, there are many here who have great ideas and I hope to search around and see what others have done. Concerning the body kits, I don't want the kit to lower the car too much as we live in MI and so snow is a factor for the car. The other modification is applying black headlight assemblies. I would like the housing black and either leave it at that (I liked how nbrown16 did to his) or install the LED halo lights on. Sililarily I would like to interchange the tail lights with LEDs in a different design.

Since the caliber is silver, I am wondering if the black headlights and tailights will be a good addition with the contrast.

Three other modifications I would like to do is aftermarket wheels (not sure which ones at this moment) and possibly adding a turbo to add some power and acceleration with a cat back exhaust. If done right, inline fours can sound really good. This is probably the extent of the modifications. Mostly little subtle touches that give the car a OEM appearance, yet stands out in a crowd. I will do some sketches and renderings and post them for opinions. Thanks for all your inputs.

Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
welcome and much fun
:wavey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts