Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
now if only you could find LED's for the 3rd brake light. It looks really good. thanks for the pics!!:rep:

·
Registered
108 Posts
tell me you guys didn't take me seriously..........i know that.

hold on. wait a minute......i should have phrased that diff. " If only you could find a clear with red LED 3rd brake light." Yeah, that's my bust.

Good times. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Yeah, That's how I roll. Don't hate. :) :) :) fun fun

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Dunno if i posted this or not - Newer pics are here - http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=34472

tell me you guys didn't take me seriously..........i know that.

hold on. wait a minute......i should have phrased that diff. " If only you could find a clear with red LED 3rd brake light." Yeah, that's my bust.

Good times. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Yeah, That's how I roll. Don't hate. :) :) :) fun fun
isn't it amazing how one word can change everything?

I got the same LEDs on my Caliber.
:smileup:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I keep looking at the Black ones on Ebay. I think they would of been better with those, but these are still nice
yeah i was undecided too. i liked these more as they are more stock looking.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quick How-To with pics that I forgot to post:

Step 1: Open Hatch

Step 2: Remove these connectors. You will have to pry up the middle section to get them out:

Step 3: Remove stock tail lights. After the above connectors are removed there are two friction connectors holding them on. Firmly pull on the lights straight back to remove them. Twist the bulbs out of the lights. When done you will have this:

Step 4: Unpack new lights and get familiar with the connections. Remove the necessary covers from the turn signal and backup light sockets

Step 5: Connect new lights. You will need to reuse the factor socket for the brake lights. Plug in the harness from the tail lights into that socket. The other bulbs will re-install the same way that they were removed.

Step 6: Carefully feed the wires back into the tail light and secure the brake light socket

Step 7: Re-install the tail lights.

Enjoy!

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
will this type work on mine? i only have 2 bulbs in the tail lights.
They will work, but you'll have an empty hole unless you do some rewiring to divide the turn signal and brake into 2 separate bulbs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thread resurrection:

Im thinking of picking up some of these tail lights (the black edition ofc). I have searched around here and have come across some threads in where there is a special relay that is required to make the tipm not think there is a blown out bulb (due to low voltage).

Could I get some clarification on this please? :) Would be much appreciated.

@prop
I also have the 08 2 bulb version -- would you be able to point me in the direction of that rewire mod you are talking about? Thanks bud. :) edit: I've found out that you need to wire up from your front turn signals to the rear -- seems like a pretty simple mod.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Thread resurrection:

Im thinking of picking up some of these tail lights (the black edition ofc). I have searched around here and have come across some threads in where there is a special relay that is required to make the tipm not think there is a blown out bulb (due to low voltage).

Could I get some clarification on this please? :) Would be much appreciated.

@prop
I also have the 08 2 bulb version -- would you be able to point me in the direction of that rewire mod you are talking about? Thanks bud. :)
Knowledge Base for all.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
In re. to the relay, I have searched and the only thing I have come across definitively has been the post here : http://caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=32141&highlight=led+tail+light
But there are a myriad of other posts on led installation that make no mention of the relay issue, thus my post above and the request for clarification.

so Im still not 100% sure on whether this relay is 100% nec. or not.
Relay is only required for trailer wiring when not using the Mopar harness. For tails it only requires resistors (maybe). You won't know until you try them. The DIY for the 2009 in the KB is closer to what you would be looking for. http://caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=32522

·
Super Moderator
12,440 Posts
One of the best mods for our Calis, recommended by many users.
I did this one too. Now after several years top 3 LEDs on one side have burnt out.
Not a serviceable part etc sealed unit ...
So anyone have experience or ideas on how to fix.
Thought I saw on here some had similar burnouts on the Headlamp assemblies, was there any resolution there?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
One of the best mods for our Calis, recommended by many users.
I did this one too. Now after several years top 3 LEDs on one side have burnt out.
Not a serviceable part etc sealed unit ...
So anyone have experience or ideas on how to fix.
Thought I saw on here some had similar burnouts on the Headlamp assemblies, was there any resolution there?
Really? That's too bad. Mine are still 100% - no bulbs out, no moisture (unlike the leaky factory lights these replaced)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts