Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was looking for info on my 2008 Caliber SXT when I found this forum. I am having a problem that a few others have had, that being my Caliber is not accelerating properly and has a rough idle. I've seen a few solutions but not sure how to move forward with this. Some have said replace the throttle body, or reprogram the car's computer. I really dread just going into a dealer and not knowing a lot about electronic ignition or throttle systems, so any advice you all can give would be greatly appreciated. Luckily I have another vehicle I can drive while I'm figuring out the problems with the Caliber. I will say, other than this I have had no real problems with the car, about 57,000 miles so far.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ.

Has your 2008 ever had the plugs replaced.
Some throttle body problems(dirt) can be cleaned up with "SEAFOAM" auto additive.
Have you had the fixed codes read/are there any?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the ForumZ.

Has your 2008 ever had the plugs replaced.
Some throttle body problems(dirt) can be cleaned up with "SEAFOAM" auto additive.
Have you had the fixed codes read/are there any?
Hi, thanks for your reply. It has been a while since I changed the plugs so I could give that a try. I will look for the Seafoam and give that a try too. There was a light like a lightning bolt for a while but I disconnected the battery for a while and when I reconnected the battery that light stayed off but the problem persists. I haven't taken it anywhere to have the computer error codes checked. Thanks for your answer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts