Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just bought the 2010 Caliber SXT on friday 3/19/10 and it has th touch screen radio with dvd and satellite 30gig HDD etc.etc..

I see the option for UConnect but it is not fully available to me. I am wondering if I need to buy a new radio with this feature on it or do I just need a Microphone or something... I'd love to get this working... without paying even more money at the dealership....

also has anyone figured out how to bypass the parking break switch for the dvd player yet? I would like to watch DVDs while driving.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Welcome to the forumz. I don't have either feature on my 08, so I can't help you with any of that. But Prop1 will most likely have the answers you seek or can point you in the right direction.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ Family! Congrats on the new ride! :smileup:

What do you mean with " the option for UConnect but it is not fully available " ? My boyfriend Nitro here came with nav, dvd and touch screen radio and already had the Uconnect working ...

As for bypassing the parking break switch for the dvd player I'd advise against it. It could be really dangerous watching dvd while driving ... but that just me.

Enjoy the board. Looking forward to some pics

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Welcome to our Caliber family.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for welcoming me! I love this car.... thought last night we had some rain andi mean the button is there but when i my floor is all wet .... I hope there isn't a leak! so the dealership will need to look at that ASAP..... as for the uconnect not being fully available... the button is there but when i push it i am told the feature is not available.... I think i'll need to harness with the bluetooth thing and microphone but still not sure..

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Do you have a sunroof in your Caliber? If so, there have been issues with the drains not working properly. You should tell the dealer that if that's the case, you want new carpeting. Don't let them just dry it out for you.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Welcome to the Calibration! The Uconnect will just need to be set up before it will work. (You'll need a cellphone with Bluetooth too.) The instructions are in the owners manual and are fairly easy to follow.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
welcome and much fun
:wavey:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so i'm all set now with the leak.... turns out the sunroof drain hose was pinched....?? and i have the rbz radio and i am told i do not have the uconnect available? wehat do I need?

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes yes i know all too well about the leaking issue be warned that they will keep your car for at least a week. well it took the dealership about a week to get to it and a day to order the parts and another day to put the car back together with new carpets and new headliner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow I guess I got lucky they fixed it in 2days, but I caught the leak before any real damage was done. only the floor was wet.... I Guess its a factory default.... be warned all you new buyers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts