Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm basically new here, I'm from Montreal (Canada)! the Caliber was my first car and really enjoy our complicity!

I'm a complete newbie in auto mechanics but I have a very long project for him. For now, he's a '07 manual 1.8L, and my dream is to swap the engine for a CSRT4, or any 'compatible' engine that will make him gain +100 hp. I read a lot from this forum and most of people here suggested to trade him directly for a CSRT4 but honestly, I love him too much to dare to do that. If 10k is the price for the SRT4, and if for 10k I can swap the engine, I will go for this second option even if I'll be left with poor brakes and suspensions.

I started a body kit project also, it's not complete and many fixes should be done as well. But I got positive feedback from my relatives (I hope they are not just being polite!) so I will continue to improve the look. I installed a rear cam, a new double DIN radio (the Jensen VX7020) with navigation, I made them myself because the guy who was supposed to care for the electric failed to do it so I just followed the tutorials that I've found on YouTube. If you plan to do the same thing for your Cali and have some questions, I will do my best to enlighten you on what I did.

Finally, I will try to upload some pix!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Looks great !
Still many Calibers on the road so project parts should be availiable for quite a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts