Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay ladiez and admin spies....lol

I will be having surgery on Nov 3rd and will have to stay in the hospital a day and 1/2. after that I should be on here more since I will be working from home and noone can look over my shoulder to see what I am doing.

I will be able to devote more time because the absence from my office will allow me to catch up on my paperwork that has piled up from the storm, then when I get back to work I will be visiting the boards as normal.

ps, having some of my girlie parts ripped out....lol well the one's I don't need anymore, they are damaged:D

Reactions: LYC79

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Hi meanGirl!
I don't know in Texas, but I think it should be the same as here , ... we use to say "GOOD LUCK" for your surgery.
Hope you will be well soon and will able this way to take some time for y
ou.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sucks that you have to go through this. But having done this already, you will be so better off after you recover. All the best!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, new issue:

well mynhusband had a very serious accident on monday, he was on a 12 foot ladder and it broke and he fell to the concrete below on his feet. he was taken to the er and sent to surgery, his tibia is broken in sooo many places that is the only thing that kept it from breaking thru the skin. the shattering of it shoved bone down into his ankle joint and seperated all that. the surgery was good and they used the largest plate they have for these types of injuries, 10 inch, it started a few inches below the knee and goes all the way down to his ankle and there are numerous pins/screws. his recovery will be long no dobt, he will not be able to bare pressure on that leg for 3 to 4 months and after that they said therapy will begin. it will be almost 6 months before he can go back to a somewhat normal life and it will be at least a year before his leg will be close to what it was before the injury.

yesterday was alot of worry and stress and crying. I let him cry and I was reassuring, but when he was gone I had noone to reassure me. the good this is it could have been worse and we are blessed because I could be w/out my best friend right now. also, the company is a partnership and we will be able to still recieve a paycheck, for how long I am not gonna worry about right now. I am thankful in knowing I have support from my family, friends and in my faith, God knows as well as all of ya'll that I am a fighter and if I need to get a second job, so be it.

The hard part for my Joey is that he is also a strong willed man and being a provider for your family is somehow in the genes of a fella. he just needs to see that we need him so he doesn't become depressed, but we don't need him bad enough for him to think he is better when in fact he is not.

we have a long road ahead of us and my surgery has been postponed at Joey's dr's request, so it will be december the first....very tough right at the holidays, but we will make it!!

just wanted to let ya'll know that if you don't see me on here as much I have a really good reason!! I hope I get to sleep tonight because I am so tired I don't know whether to cry ot vomit.....lol

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Hey Meangirl ... I'm sorry to hear that.
Don't know what to say , anyway word are nothing in this moments, just that I wish to you and your husband all the best. I hope your friends and your family will help you. B
e strong for him but also (and first) for you.
A big and warm embrace from Italy !!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thank God he didn't land on his head or back! I hope he has a quick and successful recovery. Im having back issues now and it sucks. I see the doctor about it for the first time, Thurs. It is SLOWLY Getting better.

In the morning, my 4yr old son is having minor surgery on his teeth. Chemo rotted a few of his top front teeth so about 5-6 are getting removed, plus a root canal and a few fillings. I will be busy the next few days myself. HE has no idea whats going on or whats going to happen yet. I will have to talk to him about it before hand, somehow.

Meangirl.. I will keep him in our thoughts and wish a quick and painless as it can be, as possible. ;) Many hugs to you both!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks girls!! ya'll are very sweet!!

Sandie, you will just need to sit him down, and tell him that his teeth will not hurt anymore after the surgery, it is always scarry w/ kids being put under. Julian had some dental work also, not from chemo, but from allergy meds at a young age and because of my blood sugar issues during prgnancy. I hope all that goes well.

What was wrong that he had to endure chemo so young and is he better?

I know about back pain, buty never had to have surgery for it, I hope all that goes well also!! sounds like we got us a group counceling session here!!!

hey Lyc, my hubby's family came over here from italy....last name Silvestrini

·
Registered
843 Posts
When he was 18months old, I took him to the local physician to find out why he was having problems peeing. He went from streaming, to dripping, to nothing at all. Doctor tells me, after getting blood work done, that he has mono. (still dont know what that has to do with his peeing problem) She gives me some meds and gives my son a shot. We go back 3 days later for a follow up and she asks how hes doing. I said Not any better. Hes worse. Few min later she says, so hes better? (freakin kidding me!!) Then she looks at his blood work again and says, he has strep and gives me another script. The next day he was in pain, not moving, not peeing.. Nothing. I picked up my mom and rushed to the Childrens hosp because I had had enough with the doctors in this area. Get there and faught with the intern about my sons condition. Finally Urology came in and Cath'd him. 16oz! They sent us for a CT scan and sonogram. The sonogram showed a large mass in his bladder that had spread into his prostate. They came in and told us the news, scheduled a emergency biopsy, telling us we are going to have a very long night.

It was a VERY long night in the ER. I was up 36hrs straight before I finally went home. I couldn't stay at the hospital the first 2 nights because he was in ICU. Then he spent another 3-4 weeks on the childrens oncology/blood disorders floor with other children fighting the illness.

His Cancer is called Rhabdomyosarcoma. (<~~thread says I spelled that wrong.. its not. I know that word by heart. lol Pronounced - Rab doe myo sarcoma) Very rare for a child his age to get it where he did. We had a year of chemo which required us to be in the hospital for a year on and off. Pretty much 2-3 weeks in, we would come home and next day or 2-3 days later, back in because he would get a fever/infection. Then 8 weeks of Radiation some where in the middle of the year chemo. His teeth are messed up from a combination of antibiotics, chemo, and radiation. I dont wish this on any child. Lucky me gets the child that refuses to sleep because we are not at home. EVERY NIGHT we had to push IV Benedryl thru his lines for him to sleep. he always wanted to play or walk up and down the halls. All I wanted to do was SLEEP! Many many nights I ended sleeping with him all balled up in his hospital crib with him. Not comfy at all. Nurses found it hysterical. Friends would come in and take pics.. Big joke for awhile. Later on we moved to the toddler bed, a little bit bigger bed, but still had rails on both sides. More pics taken..haha haha.. hee hee hee. Of course I always looked my best.. NOT! A few nights I woke up covered in a mixture of blood and saline because he would chew off the rubber part where they push his meds thru his line. First time was scary. Never would of known my kid was getting chemo except for the hair loss and pale skin.

After Blood transfusions he would be wired so they would try not to do those late at night but sometimes they couldn't help it. Emergency's happen.. a lot.

He hasn't changed. Hes still Hyper and refuses to sleep, even now as i type this at midnight. Wont go to bed until I do. Frustrating at times. He is so full of himself!

He will be 5 New Years Eve. Child of surpises. He even was born early (2 1/2weeks).. had to be different and come out for new years eve excitement. Doesn't want to miss a thing! haha

id post apic but Im currently using an old PC and all my files are on a disk somewhere. I have a video of him in the hosp. If I can find the link, I will post it. Its him to the T. Clown.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Hey so he is half-italian :smileup: ... glad to here that!
Do you know from wich part of Italy they came from ?

Hope you and your husband are a little better today
!

p.s. you can call me LICIA that's my real name

·
Registered
63 Posts
So sorry to hear about that! I am glad that it was not worse though. I will definately keep him and you in my prayers. Hoping he has a fast recovery!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well ladiez, I once again have had to post-pone my surgery.....I will have to wait until the hubby can walk, it is not fair to my children to have both of us broken. but didn't God make women strong enough to handle REALLY BAD cramps....lol

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
well ladiez, I once again have had to post-pone my surgery.....I will have to wait until the hubby can walk, it is not fair to my children to have both of us broken. but didn't God make women strong enough to handle REALLY BAD cramps....lol
:iagree: But how many time will need before your hubby can walk ? How does he feel know ? And YOU ?!?! :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
he cannot walk for 3 to 4 months

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so yesterday while I was detailing the nitor, the hubby got outside into the pretty sunshine and he felt alot better, still can't walk, but sunshine fixes alot of things you know...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
so yesterday while I was detailing the nitor, the hubby got outside into the pretty sunshine and he felt alot better, still can't walk, but sunshine fixes alot of things you know...lol
That's great to hear. I know pretty days put me in a great mood :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.