Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine light on and the ETC light is on car won’t work I’m stuck on the side of the road ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue a year or two ago: ETC light came on. Some erratic behavior from the car. Stopping and starting the car got me home (took side streets as much as possible in case I ran in to issues). Replacing the throttle body fixed the issue for me. I think it's a fairly common failure for our car, my parts store had the part in stock (I always find that to be a good sign that I've diagnosed my issue correctly, lol.)

EDIT: I can't recall if I had to clear the code afterward... A scan tool would be a good idea (it always is, imho). Alternatively, get your local parts store to clear your code after you do the job, if needed. It might not be needed anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar issue a year or two ago: ETC light came on. Some erratic behavior from the car. Stopping and starting the car got me home (took side streets as much as possible in case I ran in to issues). Replacing the throttle body fixed the issue for me. I think it's a fairly common failure for our car, my parts store had the part in stock (I always find that to be a good sign that I've diagnosed my issue correctly, lol.)

EDIT: I can't recall if I had to clear the code afterward... A scan tool would be a good idea (it always is, imho). Alternatively, get your local parts store to clear your code after you do the job, if needed. It might not be needed anyway.
I was close to my local car shop so I went one block at a time stalling out each block but I made it there. I’m waiting to hear back from therm . Thx for the reply bro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts