Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ive searched the site and others extensively and while I've found HEEPS of information and bits a pieces that could be helpful its hard to translate it all to my issue.

I have a 2011 dodge caliber uptown. It was SUPPOSED to come with a mygig rer and uconnect but instead (as i got the only one in 300 miles and after having trading in the 2007 with the boston acoustic system for the 2011 didnt want to downgrade to the mainstreet) i took it with a RES, and decided to upgrade myself.

It was all pretty successful and pretty easy but i now have 2 issues. I have factory installed uconnect that all worked fine with the RES but now with the RER the factory mic (which is mounted behind the sunroof button on the roof of the car NOT the mirror) doesnt work, and the ipod harness (factory installed in the glove box) does not work either.

I've read that there is a jumper harness needed for the uconnect mirror to work but i dont have the mirror, is this what i need though? I dont want to spend the money and find out it doesnt work either.

And I've also read that the RES uconnect ipod harness will not work with the RER, at all, and theres no fix but to buy another harness or just the new lockpick. I have the v3 lockpick and that did not fix the problem.

Sorry for the long post, this has all been bothering me for a while as i upgraded some months ago and have just now had the time to finally look into and ask about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ok Ive searched the site and others extensively and while I've found HEEPS of information and bits a pieces that could be helpful its hard to translate it all to my issue.

I have a 2011 dodge caliber uptown. It was SUPPOSED to come with a mygig rer and uconnect but instead (as i got the only one in 300 miles and after having trading in the 2007 with the boston acoustic system for the 2011 didnt want to downgrade to the mainstreet) i took it with a RES, and decided to upgrade myself.

It was all pretty successful and pretty easy but i now have 2 issues. I have factory installed uconnect that all worked fine with the RES but now with the RER the factory mic (which is mounted behind the sunroof button on the roof of the car NOT the mirror) doesnt work, and the ipod harness (factory installed in the glove box) does not work either.

I've read that there is a jumper harness needed for the uconnect mirror to work but i dont have the mirror, is this what i need though? I dont want to spend the money and find out it doesnt work either.

And I've also read that the RES uconnect ipod harness will not work with the RER, at all, and theres no fix but to buy another harness or just the new lockpick. I have the v3 lockpick and that did not fix the problem.

Sorry for the long post, this has all been bothering me for a while as i upgraded some months ago and have just now had the time to finally look into and ask about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!
The RES has an external uconnect "brain" unit, where the RER has an internal uconnect "Brain" unit. You can not connect them, as they get confused. As such, you need to disconnect the factory installed uconnect brain. Then you have two options: 1) Plug in the Mopar microphone into the back of your new mygig, and install it somewhere out of sight (I Have mine up on the upper drivers side of the windshield, and you can't see it there) or 2) try and find the harness for the Caliber to connect the RER.

The RER is not compatible with the external usb plugs. To do that, you need a RHR mygig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first thanks for the help. but when you say the harness do you mean part number 82211666 on the mopar site? this whole system is a bit confusing to me because i do NOT have a uconnect mirror, the only thing on my mirror is the button to turn on and off the dimming, my microphone is in my roof by the ceiling lights. So after looking into mopar like you suggested thats the one i came up with. is that correct? part number 82211666 should make my factory installed microphone work?

And as for the ipod i simply bought a chr5500 lockpick that has an ipod cable built right in, simplest solution.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
first thanks for the help. but when you say the harness do you mean part number 82211666 on the mopar site? this whole system is a bit confusing to me because i do NOT have a uconnect mirror, the only thing on my mirror is the button to turn on and off the dimming, my microphone is in my roof by the ceiling lights. So after looking into mopar like you suggested thats the one i came up with. is that correct? part number 82211666 should make my factory installed microphone work?

And as for the ipod i simply bought a chr5500 lockpick that has an ipod cable built right in, simplest solution.
I don't know. I've never heard of a roof mounted microphone.

Could you take a picture?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. I've never heard of a roof mounted microphone.

Could you take a picture?
sure here you go. and i apologize i was mistaken, its a 2010 caliber not 2011

attached are pictures of my mirror, auto dimming but no microphone as far as i know

and my roof mounted microphone

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
sure here you go. and i apologize i was mistaken, its a 2010 caliber not 2011

attached are pictures of my mirror, auto dimming but no microphone as far as i know

and my roof mounted microphone
Oh. regardless the usb ports dont work on the RER.

Look on the top of your mirror...you should see a couple of "grilles" for a lack of a better word. If so, thats the microphone, like this:

I believe that other thing is either the auto climate control sensor, or possibly an LED

Our van has the same mirror, and doesn't have that "circle"/sensor in the ceiling.

In which case, you will need the uconnect mirror harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh. regardless the usb ports dont work on the RER.

Look on the top of your mirror...you should see a couple of "grilles" for a lack of a better word. If so, thats the microphone, like this:

I believe that other thing is either the auto climate control sensor, or possibly an LED

Our van has the same mirror, and doesn't have that "circle"/sensor in the ceiling.

In which case, you will need the uconnect mirror harness.

this is exactly why I asked here, i NEVER would have thought it was ontop of the mirror like that. THANK YOU! I'll have to check it out today and i'll let you know what i find

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts
Do you still have a centre cabin light. If they have deleted it then they have moved the alarm sensor to the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you still have a centre cabin light. If they have deleted it then they have moved the alarm sensor to the front.
Finally checked it out and yes I have a uconnect mic mirror. NEVER thought to look to the mirror for the microphones. I guess why that one sounds decent compared to the other little p.o.s. mopar sends.

If by center cabin light you mean center of the front then yes but if you mean center of the car in general then no. I always thought it was the mic but now i can absolutely believe its either the climate control sensor or even an alarm sensor.

Again thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Finally checked it out and yes I have a uconnect mic mirror. NEVER thought to look to the mirror for the microphones. I guess why that one sounds decent compared to the other little p.o.s. mopar sends.

If by center cabin light you mean center of the front then yes but if you mean center of the car in general then no. I always thought it was the mic but now i can absolutely believe its either the climate control sensor or even an alarm sensor.

Again thanks for all the help!
My car has the mopar microphone attached to my windshield, and our Caravan has the uconnect mirror - both are actually pretty similar when you are calling the person in the car. (I've tested both)

My friend has an aftermarket radio with a BT component, and the mic for that always sounds horrible.

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts
Yep I mean centre of the car. The My07-09 Calibers had three locations for cabin lights.

The centre of the car had two alarm sensors in addition to the light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts