Dodge Caliber Forum banner

MY2010 Caliber is on sale

Tags
green my2010
5K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  DKazoroski 
#1 ·
to order anyway since we do not yet know when assembly will start.

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Caliber
Trim: 4dr FWD Hatchback SE
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual (T355)
Model Code: PMDL49/2BA
Availability: National
MSRP: $16,915.00
Destination: $630.00

Warranty
Basic 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Drivetrain Unlimited Years / Unlimited Miles
Roadside 3 Years / 36,000 Miles
Rust 5 Years / 100,000 Miles

2010 Colors
Optic Green Metallic Clearcoat
Light Sandstone Metallic Clearcoat

Air Conditioning
Air filtration, Interior air filtration Standard

Trim: 4dr FWD Hatchback SXT
Model Code: PMDH49/2BD
MSRP: $18,345.00

Mirrors
Driver mirror adjustment, Power remote Standard
Heated driver mirror, Heated Standard
Passenger mirror adjustment, Power remote Standard
Heated passenger mirror, Heated Standard

Trim: 4dr FWD Hatchback R/T
Model Code: PMDX49/25X
MSRP: $20,960.00

Privacy glass Standard
Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control $155
Wheels: 18 x 7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad $700

See less See more
#4 ·
I think the 2010 R/T is going to have a Power 6 way Drivers seat as standard also.

#5 · (Edited)

Trim: 4dr FWD Hatchback R/T
Model Code: PMDX49/25X
MSRP: $20,960.00

Privacy glass Standard
Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control $155
Wheels: 18 x 7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad $700
I think the 2010 R/T is going to have a Power 6 way Drivers seat as standard also.
Looks like a data error. That R/T code comes up for a 2008 on a search.

With the SRT4 2.4 Turbo having been dropped, it looks like no more 2.4 Calibers!

The 2010 is 2.0l only in SXT or SE in 5 speed manual OR CVT.

The 2010 Caliber model codes are:
PMDH49/24A SE CVT
PMDH49/2BA SE 5sp
PMDH49/24D SXT CVT
PMDH49/2BD SXT 5sp

#8 ·
A Town & Country just needs that look

The interior is GREEN
1949 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY CONVERTIBLE -
STUNNINGLY ORIGINAL BLACK PLATE CALIFORNIA CAR IN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION THROUGHOUT, 323 cu.in. STRAIGHT EIGHT CYLINDER 'SPITFIRE' ENGINE WITH FLUID DRIVE TRANSMISSION, POWER TOP, $144,500

#13 ·
What these crooked used car salesman will do is..........When you trade your SRT4 in, they will say "it's not worth much because they don't make them anymore". If you try to buy one from a used car lot, the used car salesman will say "it's worth a lot because they don't make them anymore" LOL!!!

#16 ·
For those interested, the EPA ratings for the Caliber with 2.0L engine and 5-speed manual are out, 23 MPG city, 31 MPG highway. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/comp...make=Dodge&model=Caliber&hiddenField=Findacar

So 1 less in the city and 1 more on the highway compared to the 1.8L engine, not bad for a 2.0L engine in a tall, not especially aerodynamic and heavy car. I'm curious if the ratings of the CVT will increase, because telling people they'll lose 4 MPG on the highway by going with an automatic may not be a strong selling point.

#20 · (Edited)
So 1 less in the city and 1 more on the highway compared to the 1.8L engine, not bad for a 2.0L engine in a tall, not especially aerodynamic and heavy car. I'm curious if the ratings of the CVT will increase, because telling people they'll lose 4 MPG on the highway by going with an automatic may not be a strong selling point.
On the '09s, the Avenger with the regular auto and the 2.4 L engine gets nearly the same or better milage on the highway than the Caliber 2.0 L with the CVT tranny.

Avenger
SE/SXT
2.4L, 4-speed auto

9.7L/100 km City​

6.6L/100 km Hwy​

2009 Dodge Caliber
SE/SXT
2.0L, CVT auto

9.0L/100 km City​

7.3L/100 km Hwy​

#17 · (Edited)
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2008car2tablef.jsp?column=2&id=25969

Wonder why Dodge have not put in the MY10 2.0 CVT for a rating?

It will be a long wait for MY10 orders:

"No Calibers are expected to be produced until January 2010, with the lines running the Compass and Patriot alone."

The Calibers will have the oval outer vents like the Jeep, doesn't make sense to keep the rectangular ones in the center.

#18 ·
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2008car2tablef.jsp?column=2&id=25969

Wonder why Dodge have not put in the MY10 2.0 CVT for a rating?
If I'd have to guess, I'd say it's because the 2.0L with 5-speed is a new combination, so they were in the lab playing with it and passing tests needed to get it certified on the many norms and standards concerning powertrains. They just had an opportunity to do the EPA test right there and then and did it. Just my guess though.

#19 ·
I looked at the previous years and continuing models still need a rerating for the MY EPA Sticker.

Another guess might be that they have made enough MY09 2.0 CVT Calibers in inventory so have no foreseeable plans to make any MY10s.

#23 · (Edited)
Chrysler is too concerned about the repair and replacement cost of the C.V.T. transmission. The programming they used has our C.V.T.'s is fighting the power produced by our engines. The people on the Lancer forums never complain about slow acceleration or sluggish power. A stock 2.0L Lancer (World engine) with a C.V.T. transmission, in two different road test ran 8.8 and 9.2 on their 0 to 60 times. The Caliber doesn't weigh that much more than a Lancer. A stock Caliber is over 2 full seconds slower than a stock Lancer on 0 to 60 times with basically the same engines.

This soft programming of our C.V.T. is in my opinion, why the Calibers gas mileage also suffers.

#24 ·
It would make sense. To "protect" a transmission, you have to prevent torque from going through it, and that lost force is basically wasted gas.

Maybe Chrysler was too paranoid and too anxious to get over its reputation for bad reliability to put too much trust in CVTs. But these new generation CVTs have now been well tested in the real world, especially by Nissan, I would guess it's time to be a bit more confident in programming and do it with fuel economy and performance in mind. The Hyundai version of the World Engine in the KIA Forte gets great fuel economy for its power, so there's no excuse.

#25 ·
On July 1st there were 12,800 unsold new Calibers in North America. Monthly sales in 2009 have been about 2,500.

In that context it was not expected any new Caliber production would be required before 2010.

However things are getting better. May sales were 2991, June 3538.

Chrysler is doubling the clunker incentive and Caliber is the most likely Dodge beneficiary.

#26 ·
If your numbers were correct, Dodge may soon run out of Calibers, they sold nearly 8 000 of them in July, thanks in part to the Clunker incentive. That would mean there's only around 5 000 Calibers left unsold in North America. Even at the lower level of sales, they might run out in two months if none are produced. It would be nice if they hastened the production of the 2010 model.

#27 ·
They did say that when needed they would build the MY09 Caliber parts that are in the supply chain, that was expected to be in September.
Clunkers has been a hit and Chrysler has said it will continue their double cash offer to the end of August.
Suspect they will prefer a lower incentive on future new builds.

#29 ·
MY2010 models to feature at Frankfurt:

Chrysler will have five vehicles on display. Its focus will be on the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot with improved interiors and a 2.2-liter diesel engine for Europe.

Additional uses of the 2.2-liter diesel should help Chrysler on another front: increasing the number of diesels it buys from former parent Daimler AG.

Daimler and Chrysler are disputing a supply agreement because slow sales have resulted in Chrysler buying fewer diesels. Daimler wants payment to make up for the volume shortfall.

Inability to solve the matter led to Chrysler filing a lawsuit in New York bankruptcy court Aug. 21 accusing Daimler of refusing to honor its contracts and of extortion for not shipping other key parts needed in such vehicles as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300.

Chrysler sought an injunction to ensure the continued flow of parts.

#36 ·
The "new Armrest" is basically a Jeep Patriot part. The new knobs for the heating and AC seem to be in all new vehicles, first to be on the ram....

and that little compartment above the vents, same as a dodge journey... I think if they keep this up, everything will start to look like one vehicle inside...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.