Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I have an 08 Dodge Caliber srt4 I bought it off a guy in Cleveland oh a few years ago and the car has been having this issue where if you want to start it and let it idle it dies but if you can take off down the road it runs really good. The guy I bought it from says he had a ms1k ecm swapped into it. It’s at a shop and they want to reprogram it but I don’t want to lose the performance of my car so I am trying to figure out what steps I need to take to get my car back on the road ASAP as to me being a single mom with two kids I gotta get my car bck to it’s self
Thanks again Tierra

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you want the existing tuned ECM then you need to take the car to a tuner shop that has the ability to troubleshoot/reprogram the custom ECM. If you take it to a regular shop or a dealership they're going to want a stock ECM tuning so their equipment can troubleshoot the car. Given that your car is non-op right now let them return the ECM to stock to get you back on the road. Once you have the car back you can assess how well the stock ECM works and decide whether or not to go back to a performance tuning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buenas,
No se si entendido muy bien,
El vehiculo se pone en marcha pero al poco tiempo se apaga. Eso puede ser cuerpo de mariposa sucio o averiado, en muchos casos sucio y la mariposa no se mantiene abierta lo suficiente para que pase aire. Si es un modelo de otra Marca, con valvula IAC es lo mismo lo único que es un By-pass de aire con el cuerpo de Mariposa. Solo para mantener la marcha lenta o relenti.
Ahora bien, si es tema ECM como te comentan tienes que ir a un programador de ECM y ECU.

Saludos.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi so I have an 08 Dodge Caliber srt4 I bought it off a guy in Cleveland oh a few years ago and the car has been having this issue where if you want to start it and let it idle it dies but if you can take off down the road it runs really good. The guy I bought it from says he had a ms1k ecm swapped into it. It’s at a shop and they want to reprogram it but I don’t want to lose the performance of my car so I am trying to figure out what steps I need to take to get my car back on the road ASAP as to me being a single mom with two kids I gotta get my car bck to it’s self
Thanks again Tierra
Where in Cleveland do you live ? I work on these cars I just about did Everything on my Caliber since i bought it off aguy on the westside of Cleveland 4 years ago I'II see if i can be of help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks again Tierra
I am being told it has to do with my ecm I am just not sure where to look for this
It's under the hood on the driver side of your car right behind the air filter canister it's easy to find it has 2 cables runnibg to it and you would need a torx set to get the 4 torx screws that holds it to the bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts