Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive replaced both front bulbs and cleaned and tightened what seemed to be the ground post but they still blink fast on the right side and the right side doesn't blink when I turn on the running lights (daytime lights). I also tried reseting the tipm. It started when the front right side turn signal bulb went. What could be the issue? Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
12,347 Posts
Low fluid? How did you reset the TIPM. You should have disconnected the battery before changing the bulb.
Was the bulb actually blown. You could try swapping the sides.
Assuming you've done everything right and it's none of the above I would move on to tracing back the wiring for a fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swapped sides and to reset the tipm I taped both the negative and positive together for 10 minutes before re attaching them. What do you mean by low fluid?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Your blinker fluid may be low.

When was the last time you took it to the dealer for replacement?

You might be able to do it yourself - but it’s not recommended.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I mean the first guy was funny. It was subtle and he offered help after. You have a whole post dedicated to it.
Nevermind the idiots.

Your problem sounds a lot like a grounding issue to me. There's a ground post behind the front passenger headlight, down around the base of the fluid reservoirs. Kind of a PITA to reach. There are 8 different circuits that find their ground there, all crimped together into one large eyelet that attaches to the grounding bolt. The wires rot out one by one at the point where they crimp to the eyelet.

Had this happen to me so I cut off the eyelet, recrimped the wires into 4 new smaller eyelets, reattached them all to the grounding bolt, and it solved a slew of electrical issues on the right side of my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive replaced both front bulbs and cleaned and tightened what seemed to be the ground post but they still blink fast on the right side and the right side doesn't blink when I turn on the running lights (daytime lights). I also tried reseting the tipm. It started when the front right side turn signal bulb went. What could be the issue? Thanks for your help
Did you replace the back bulbs. It will still blink fast if the back turn signal is out as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts