Dodge Caliber Forum banner

My name is Eric I just started having starting and stalling troubles

Tags
p0700
5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  DKazoroski 
The strong code is u1146 if any one had this fix please reply thank u
Chrysler doesn't have that code. It's a GM code for loss of OnStar communication or on Ford a Buss Fault. I don't think the reader you used is setup for Chrysler. That also calls into question the P0700 code, which on a Dodge is only a "Call for MIL". This could still be related to the same issue in the link I posted before, and is in fact a damaged wire.

This is a growing problem with these Calibers. That being damaged wires. They're all over the car, but none have been repeats in the same spot. I guess the moral of the story is, if it isn't a part malfunctioning, then look for damaged wires.

Ten to go, Brad. Make them good ones! LOL
That's a moving target* as I'm cleaning out some old un-needed pictures that will subtract from my post count.

*PC protocols require that I stipulate that using "moving target" is not a call for someone to shoot a democrat:i_rolleyes:

Reactions: DKazoroski
so my check engine light is on & never had the plugs changed and similar to Eric I have stalling on start up occasionally the free scan that resulted in the code form advance auto indicates it is the cam shaft position sensor or should i try ther fix of touching the batteries terminals & changing plugs...
I have to have this inspected by the lease company on thursday trying to solve minor things or at least get the light off...all info appreciated im a newbie here be kind :)
Well, I can tell you there is no DTC of P0001, but it could be the reader substitutes A and B (there are 2 camshaft Position Sensors) for a 1. Did they not try to reset the code? The code should be reset with the reader to see if it comes back. If it does, you'll need to install 2 new sensors. They should always be done in pairs.

As a note: you don't touch the battery terminals together. That will cause an explosion. The TIPM fast reset is touching the disconnected battery cables together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.