Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 caliber se with 44,242 miles it just started giving me trouble yesterday i went to drive it after I bought a coffee and five min after it stalled out while I was driving then when I went to start it back up it took two times to start at first it didn't even crank then it just started up when I took it on the highway it would drop from 3000 rpm to 2000 rpms when I gave it gas it did this twice then started working after stalling and giving me trouble starting the check engine light came on later on in the day the weird part is after I get the car going it's been driving fine its at start up when it gives me trouble I'm going to get the code tomarrow but I think it might be the etc not sure yet I don't hear any noises and it's not the transmission I just want to know if anyone ever heard of this thank u

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Try disconnecting your battery cables and holding them together for ten to fifteen minutes to reset your TIPM. Also, do you know if the plugs were changed at 30,000 miles or not? Recommended plug change interval is on the 2.0 is every 30,000 miles. It's very easy to do yourself and takes all of about 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
When the torque converter locks up, it can cause the RPM's to drop, this is normal. That usually happens around 20-25 MPH while you are accelerating. BTW, welcome to the forum!!

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
The strong code is u1146 if any one had this fix please reply thank u
Chrysler doesn't have that code. It's a GM code for loss of OnStar communication or on Ford a Buss Fault. I don't think the reader you used is setup for Chrysler. That also calls into question the P0700 code, which on a Dodge is only a "Call for MIL". This could still be related to the same issue in the link I posted before, and is in fact a damaged wire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The check engine light went off the car starts good I need to drive it to make sure but we concluded that the majOr part of the wire harness is in the drivers side fender well we found alot of dirt water and other road dabress we cleaned the wires and reelectrical taped all wires dealership cost would of been up there just for all the panels and labor without warranty

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
This is a growing problem with these Calibers. That being damaged wires. They're all over the car, but none have been repeats in the same spot. I guess the moral of the story is, if it isn't a part malfunctioning, then look for damaged wires.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Ten to go, Brad. Make them good ones! LOL
That's a moving target* as I'm cleaning out some old un-needed pictures that will subtract from my post count.

*PC protocols require that I stipulate that using "moving target" is not a call for someone to shoot a democrat:i_rolleyes:

Reactions: DKazoroski

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
This is a growing problem with these Calibers. That being damaged wires. They're all over the car, but none have been repeats in the same spot. I guess the moral of the story is, if it isn't a part malfunctioning, then look for damaged wires.
Another strange issue with the wiring, from the Jeep (MK) forum that I visit:

Some of the defective wiring on the jeeps was caused by rodent damage too. Guess them critters get everywhere!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well we think we fixed the problem the main wire harness was loose and was not plugged in all the way this was in the tire well above the plastic panel were not sure if it's fixed but I been driving it no check engine light on and no electronic problems we re electrictaped all the wires and cleaned them. so the codes were p0700 and u1146 if this happens to anyone else it's a wire harness or wire grinding issue from what we have seen

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.