Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So for the past few weeks I have been having a problem with my alarm, and I have no idea what could be causing it.
Keep in mind I have a euro spec Caliber. The Key fob has only the 2 buttons, Lock and Unlock (if i open the key there is a place for a Panic button but they have it blocked to where you can not push it unless you open the key as if changing the battery)
I first noticed my problem when I locked my door and then about 30 min later I returned and pressed the lock button again by mistake, it set off my panic alarm. Ive done this before and never had a problem until recently.
Now it has escalated to the point where I can lock my door and then anywhere after 2 hours or more later the panic alarm will go off by itself. The first time I thought someone was breaking into my car but that wasnt true, then I thought I could be pressing the lock button by mistake causing it to do it, but just the other day I had my keys in the house and I was standing next to my car, talking to a friend when it went off.
I havent done any electrical work except radio, Amp and speakers. (which I did when I first bought the car almost 3 years ago)
The only thing I havent tried yet is changing the battery in the key, but I dont think that can be the reason... can it? Its the original battery from when I bought the car new in 2009 (but its a 2007 model... it was at the dealer for 2 years untouched)
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
What makes you think it is a panic alarm ?

If your car alarm is triggering too often then there is a TSB to adjust the sensitivity.
It is in our TSB section.

I had mine done too. The internal sensor was registering air pressure caused by passing vehicles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thanks I would have never guessed there was a TSB for this! Thanks a bunch! I guess I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow, I hope this solves my problem.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Your car battery could also be going bad.

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
Export Calibers have factory alarms as standard.

Very different to older aftermarket installs that were difficult to tune satisfactorily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What makes you think it is a panic alarm ?

If your car alarm is triggering too often then there is a TSB to adjust the sensitivity.
It is in our TSB section.

I had mine done too. The internal sensor was registering air pressure caused by passing vehicles.
I am unable to view the TSB's or download them for the alarm sensitivity, any chance you can email them or do I need to ring jeep ?

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
You & everyone else - the days of free internet have been restricted.
Your dealer should have access to this:
TSB 08-005-09 FLASH: Alarm Sensitivity (export models)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You & everyone else - the days of free internet have been restricted.
Your dealer should have access to this:
TSB 08-005-09 FLASH: Alarm Sensitivity (export models)
I am not a dealer, i am a small workshop trying to service my clients. I have no access. Any chance someone has the bulletin handy so I can see if I have the ability to carry out the procedure ?

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
There are paid subscription services that have TSBs.
I had this one done at the dealer. It was a software update from Dodge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts