Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this particular topic has been rehashed over and over again, but I was curious if anyone else had an issue with a water leak under the passenger side dash. I have an '07 SXT that has the typical driver's side footwell leak at the hood latch, but I recently noticed this new one on the passenger side. My initial thought is windshield cowl, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this same issue. Of course, I can't really do anything until it warms up a bit from the current arctic blast.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
Welcome along even if late to the party.

Many leak discussions to review. Haven't been any new ones for a while.

Usual suspects were fender at A pillar, A/C drain tube, and Sunroof drain channels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome along even if late to the party.

Many leak discussions to review. Haven't been any new ones for a while.

Usual suspects were fender at A pillar, A/C drain tube, and Sunroof drain channels.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually joined back in '13 to read a lot of the water issues that were discussed, that's how I found out about the driver's side fender weld leak. The one leak I noticed I didn't see mentioned was the passenger side on the US model (*right side*) no sunroof, and I had dodge check the evap drain hose for blockage and they came back saying it was clear. I did notice that the water starts puddling in the upper center of the passenger footwell, not the side like the driver's side was.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
So not the normal ones then. Rust is beginning to make an appearance, and grommets could be perishing.
Rip up the carpet and try blotting. It's going to be a case of narrowing the entry point.

Have you had the windshield replaced ? The bonding they use is almost impenetrable.

Also reversing my layout, take out the cabin filter and check for moisture coming in through the ducts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts