Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I was on a bike too lol. But it's kind of a ricer race..

So I'm just out for a a cruise on my 85 Honda V65 Magna (which held the world record for the fastest production motorcycle from 1983-1989). My bike has a true displacement of 1098cc and I have ran an [email protected] on it before ([email protected] was then world record set by the bike in 1983)

So back to the story...just some background

I'm cruising and pull up to a debadged sport bike at a light... except dude left the "500cc" decal on the fender so I'm just chilling minding my business and a revs at me. Was a young kid, maybe 17-18. I look at him and flip up my visor and ask "Really?" and he smirks at me like I'm the one that asked the stupid question. So I flip down my visor and wait for the light to change. He's holding his revs as the opposite light turns yellow. I just sit and chill... As soon as our light turns green...I begin to a soft rollout and he left as hard as he could. I get on it about half way in the RPM band in first (he's about 3 bike lengths ahead by this time). I shift into second and pull from 1 length back to 5+ lengths ahead by the top of 3rd (about 95-110) and shut it down. Slow enough to cruise next to him and just stay there, raised my visor and shook my head...dropped a gear and left him again....he turned around at the emergency vehicle thingy....lol. Thought I'd share

Btw for those who are wondering...this is a 4 lane divided highway in the stix at 1 of 4 stoplights. Speed limit 55mph (flame away)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Show off! Then again he asked for it...

*pulls out a can of flame retardant*

Just incase...
Lol..I'm waiting for the "blah...you shouldnt street race...blah" lol

So keep that retardant handy :smileup:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
500's aren't drag bikes. magna's aren't track bikes. that 500 never had a chance on a straight, lol. I've run a V-rod before, and I would never take that thing in a windy mountain pass. But give me a freeway, and put me up against any dirty mother out there. Lol. I'll admit, though, I get some balls on my cbr 600 f4. I think it's a terrible mindset.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
500's aren't drag bikes. magna's aren't track bikes. that 500 never had a chance on a straight, lol. I've run a V-rod before, and I would never take that thing in a windy mountain pass. But give me a freeway, and put me up against any dirty mother out there. Lol. I'll admit, though, I get some balls on my cbr 600 f4. I think it's a terrible mindset.
You are right all the way around..I knew his bike wasn't fast but he didn't ....but I didnt start it lol...
99% of the people I run into on my magna have no idea what it is or what it is capable of lol i will tell u one thing....its a great bike for mountain riding...I take it to the Tail of the Dragon in NC all the time.

I also have an R1 but I bet if I was on that, he wouldn't have even revved at me to begin with lol

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
thanks for making me laugh... :)

lol
just researched @ google for ur bike... now i know why he tried to do... lmao

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
long before some of you were even thought of. I striped down my yamaha 350 street bike taking off all the chrome turn signals and rear storage rack ..and...since I only weighed around 130 in 1972 17 years of age...I was the fastest anywhere..
the bike was a 1971 yahama 350.. I understand the need to prove your muscle...

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
That's a sweet bike, Dave. I had a 1983 V-45 Magna. I loved that bike. That 749 cc water cooled engine was awesome. That was the fastest bike I've ever owned. I traded it in on an 84 Chrysler Laser XE with the 2.2 turbo, five speed. That car was fast too!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a sweet bike, Dave. I had a 1983 V-45 Magna. I loved that bike. That 749 cc water cooled engine was awesome. That was the fastest bike I've ever owned. I traded it in on an 84 Chrysler Laser XE with the 2.2 turbo, five speed. That car was fast too!
Here's my pride and joy....

i thought about getting the v45 for the wife so we can crwuise with our honda v4s...my dad and i rebuilt this v65 i could probably fond a rust bucket v45 and do the same thing....that would obligate me to sell my R1 though:smiledown:

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Sweeeeeetttt! That's the same color my V-45 was. I don't see many for sale around here these days.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweeeeeetttt! That's the same color my V-45 was. I don't see many for sale around here these days.
Yeah here either.....then ones I do find (like this one was) have seized motors or full of rust....this one was both....my dad and I did a full rebuild from scratch...took about 4 years

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i will tell u one thing....its a great bike for mountain riding...I take it to the Tail of the Dragon in NC all the time.
Ever do the smokey mountain pass from gattlinburg TN? 300+ turns in a 33 mile stretch. Man, it's the ride of a lifetime.

I also have an R1 but I bet if I was on that, he wouldn't have even revved at me to begin with lol
He would have looked and thought about it, but probably have some ridiculous flash before his eyes-type of reality check. Lol!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ever do the smokey mountain pass from gattlinburg TN? 300+ turns in a 33 mile stretch. Man, it's the ride of a lifetime.

He would have looked and thought about it, but probably have some ridiculous flash before his eyes-type of reality check. Lol!
Yup....I live an hour from gatlinburg

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Yup....I live an hour from gatlinburg
Which is why you should go to Gatty for the forumZ meet!! I want to try and make it next year. We need to get a bigger group next year. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which is why you should go to Gatty for the forumZ meet!! I want to try and make it next year. We need to get a bigger group next year. :smileup:
Yeah id love to but it takes place in the middle of the baseball season....I'm not home forthe baseball season....:smiledown: if I was. I would be there :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's my pride and joy....

i thought about getting the v45 for the wife so we can crwuise with our honda v4s...my dad and i rebuilt this v65 i could probably fond a rust bucket v45 and do the same thing....that would obligate me to sell my R1 though:smiledown:
My uncle had a v65. That thing was fun. Took it out for a ride when i was 15 yrs. old. Shhhh. Till this day, he has no idea. LOL

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Hey Dave, you put me up in a hotel and let me take your Caliber and I'll be happy to represent for you! LMAO

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Dave, you put me up in a hotel and let me take your Caliber and I'll be happy to represent for you! LMAO
Lol..hotel..shoot. Stay at my house.... But as for taking the car....:4-looney:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I found an 83 v45 on craigslist for 1800.... Need some brake work and fork seals but nothing major....I think I might go take a look in person tomorrow....not a bad deal...be a good mini mag for the wife...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts