Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know people have been sayign about the mopar header for the SXT engine, but do they make one for the SRT engine? I want to keep my car 100% mopar, but if Dodge could offer me a header for my SRT then I am all game!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
aww man please tell me you know that your car has a turbo manifold, not a hearder....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad. It was like 1:30am when I was typing that. I was dillusional. Plz forgive me. I feel dumb. But either way, does Dodge offer one yet for the srt?

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I'm not sure that an exhaust header is available for the 2.4 liter engine. The exhaust manifold has part of the catalytic converter system in it (they call it a "maniverter").
Maybe Mouser or another SRT4 guy could chime in to say for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
I'm not sure that an exhaust header is available for the 2.4 liter engine. The exhaust manifold has part of the catalytic converter system in it (they call it a "maniverter").
Maybe Mouser or another SRT4 guy could chime in to say for sure.
I know my AWD caliber has the maniverter, I don't think the SRT-4 has one.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Yeh - the maniverter is why I have a 2.0 FWD Caliber and not an AWD Patriot. I hate when car makers use "application-specific" parts - make things tough in the aftermarket.
Tell me about it!! I wanted headers, not going to happen for me.:doh:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Tell me about it!! I wanted headers, not going to happen for me.:doh:
Then again - look at it this way - with headers a 2.0 is probably about as powerful as a 2.4 - so you probably already have as much power as you can get out of the standard (non-SRT) engine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There isnt a mopar manifold available.
Basically the only performance parts available from mopar for the caliber are:
Sway bars (unkown maker),
intake (made by AEM),
Coil-overs (made by KW),
Strut brace (made by DC),
and The stage one ECU (programmed by flight systems).

To answer your question:
Realtune offers a ported mopar manifold.
Steedspeed offers an aftermarket manifold.
AGP turbo is developing a cylinder paired manifold (which will be pure awesomeness)

Our manifold does not have a cat on it or anything- it just goes straight to the turbo. From the turbo the exhaust has a pre-cat, also known as the "o2 housing", then a cat. The pre cat is a huge restriction as its a 90* bend right off the turbo. Several small aftermarket vendors have replacement downpipes to help this.

Hope this helped?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
^ this............................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.