Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it from the beginning. Every time it's wet outside (and only then) I have a strip of mist condensing on the windscreen, about 4 centimeters thick right above the wipers. And it's on the outside!!! I try to treat it with the heat - doesn't work, try to cool it with the AC - nothing happening. I use the wipers - it disappears, but very soon comes back. I try not to direct any air on the windscreen - it's always there. Recirculation is useless, as well. It doesn't disturb in driving, but you know - even small things disturb in a new car ;) Have anybody experienced it? Any tips?
BTW - when coming back from the seaside just yesterday I met on the road a Caliber in the same color. We signalled our lights and went on. But I felt so proud and warm in the heart. Yeah, family's important...

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I dont exactly no what I do to get rid of it , but one sweepof the wipers & it doesnt seem to come back.... Although I must admit it does seem more like condensation than just a wet screen!!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I would worry more if it was on the inside, as that could point to a water leak in the car, is it cold in Poland teachair..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would worry more if it was on the inside, as that could point to a water leak in the car, is it cold in Poland teachair..
I wouldn't say it's cold. Regular summer - one day 29 C, another day 18 C. One day beautiful sun, at night storm and heavy rain. Typical Polish summer. LOL

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I've been following this thread until I hit that one post that makes me go "Ahh! That's what they're talking about!". So far, nothing.

I think what you guys are experiencing is just normal condensation. The car will remain hotter than ambiant air for the most part of the night. When night comes, temperatures go slightly colder and dew settles down on the car.

Higher condensation occurs on warmer spots and thus you end up with a wet patch on the windshield.

I've had that happen to all my cars, and even my motorcycle (for those few times I was careless enough to leave out at night).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.