Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Stella replaced the car

Reactions: 672aq

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha!

Sorry, I thought Dodge Avenger. But after searching, I actually pulled from a 2010 Caliber.

Such a better design than the original in my 2008:

Product Automotive tire Rectangle Bumper Gas

The area at the front will need to be cut/filed/manipulated to match the curvature of the dash face, and it does cover the 12v power outlet.

I have my phone charger plugged in before installing and have its cord routed around things for access. I'll eventually find another way of dealing with it - maybe install a new outlet near the 110v outlet.

It also holds my phone, money, coins, etc. without dumping it all in the rear cup holders when lifting up the armrest to access the larger cubby area.

Super Moderator
The lid was specifically and Ipod holder which I guess was no longer a 'thing by the time of the refresh with smartphones.

FunFact - The Avenger must have been one of the first, if not the first world car, with the model eventually being built in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, South Africa, Iran and New Zealand as well as in the United Kingdom. The first car to have an all plastic radiator grille, cloth inserts in the seats (GL model) an all new electrostatic paint process (a first in the British Car Industry) the first UK manufacturer to use computers to aid vehicle design, and the first affordable production vehicle to have a rear spoiler fitted (Tiger) The Avenger was also one of the first vehicles to have some sort of elementary crash protection built into the design. (Plymouth Cricket/Dodge-Chrysler-Hillman-Talbot Avenger) https://www.asoc.co.uk/articles/avenger

Super Moderator
Not that we have heard of, sounds like more work than just buying one. We have threads on changing the dash display which may be useful.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Instead of just switching dashes, it may be better to just redesign one for your needs.

Some inspiration:

Rectangle Display device Glass Windshield Aircraft

The only thing I miss about my old VW Passat, is the amount of interior lights, buttons, and switches. With the dark tinted windows, it was like I was flying a spaceship at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts