Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm having a bit of an issue with the dodge caliber. I changed both of the thermostats, the gaskets, and the water pump. Now it's leaking heavily from underneath the car. When I put water in it to see where the leak is, it sounds like it's taking like when you hear bubble noises. So I look underneath and it's leaking on the driver's side in the middle.

I'm thinking it's one of the radiator hoses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not leaking from the housing. I replaced both thermostats and the gaskets. When I put water (testing purposes) it leaks from the middle driver side. I'm thinking it's the freeze plug

·
Registered
320 Posts
it may be leaking at the housing still. maybe here. This is the only other spot i can think of. The water pump metal tube to the housing might be a bad rubber or gasket. if its driver side i think that left gasket might be bad. the left circle.

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
394 Posts
A freeze plug leak is really uncommon.

In any case, drive the car until it is warmed up and then put it up on jack stands (at least the front) and, with the car running, get under the car with a flashlight and find that leak.

My car was leaking from the spot that CaliberGuy has circled in blue on the left side of his picture where the coolant return tube connects to the coolant housing. I had to get very far underneath the car to see that spot and had to watch it for about two minutes to see the leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. I'm having a bit of an issue with the dodge caliber. I changed both of the thermostats, the gaskets, and the water pump. Now it's leaking heavily from underneath the car. When I put water in it to see where the leak is, it sounds like it's taking like when you hear bubble noises. So I look underneath and it's leaking on the driver's side in the middle.

I'm thinking it's one of the radiator hoses.
Sounds like a leaking transmission coolant line

1 - 8 of 8 Posts