Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Caliber R/T manual transmission has been lurching a good bit when I shift and I finally got around to replacing the rear motor mount this weekend.

The picture below shows the old motor mount on the left and my new one (that I filled with polyurethane) on the right.

The car feels 200% better to drive. No lurching, feels very solid! There is a bit of vibration at idle, more than I would want in a daily driver car, but no problem for this car.

The job was fairly easy, it took about 30 minutes and I did not have to remove any other parts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a good video that shows how to replace it; he uses an impact wrench in the video, but it is easy enough to do with basic hand tools only:

I also put on the Torque Solutions billet solid front motor mount; it says it is for the SRT-4 but it is also a perfect fit for the regular Calibers: Torque Solution Billet Front Engine Mount: Dodge Caliber SRT-4 2008+

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.