Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Caliber with 45K miles that I bought from Carmax last week. It was creaking and I now have it in the shop. After reading here I thought it was the LCA and mentioned that to the service department. I got a call yesterday and they agreed it was the LCA and have it scheduled for monday to replace both sides.

My question is if the known LCA problem with calibers is only for the original factory LCA's or is it a design flaw that will affect the replacements as well?

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just the OEM LCA's on the 07 models. There have been several members that had them replaced, but I think it's just been a one time deal for most. Just hang in there and you'll get more replies. I haven't had that problem with my 08 and hope I never do.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It was an assembly plant problem where bolts were not up to spec causing the LCA to screw up. Replacing them will fix the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I just got my car inspected and it did not pass because of the LCA. Is this BS? Well there was some other stuff like tires and my previous AC/Heater problem. I also have an 07. I was thinking of doing it myself, but is this covered under extended warranty? Is that considered part of the drive train?

Carlos
"I just know enough to mess things up!"
Medina

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
No - not part of the drivetrain.
Possibly covered under a purchased extended warranty - read your paperwork to find out for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine's out of manufacture warranty but was covered under the Carmax 30 day warranty. It might be covered for you but like Dave said, check you paperwork to see.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Our R/T had to have them replaced around 68,XXX or so. Extended warranty covered them. Had to pay $100 deductable, but it was cheaper than the repair by a good margin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We replaced the LCA on our 2008 Caliber in 2012, fast forward to 2021, being told our passage LCA is bent and needs to be replaced. I told them that finds it's covered under the warrant, since we have the lifetime maximum care warranty, and has been replaced once already.

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
Congrats if you are the original buyer and have kept up your 5 yearly inspections. Did not expect to have any covered members left.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats if you are the original buyer and have kept up your 5 yearly inspections. Did not expect to have any covered members left.
Yeah, we almost lost it, We had to call Dodge and have them get on the dealer because the dealer failed to put in the system that we had our 5-year inspection done, luckily I had all the documents and the write-ups to provide that I requested the 5-year inspection to be done and paperwork from the dealer stated it was done. We sure have gotten our money's worth from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts