Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone first off thanks for the invite to the site.
So i work at a Dodge Dealership and im in sales and the technicians are stumped so i figured i would reach out to everyone here...

2 years ago my Horn stopped working. Heard it could be the TIPM, also was told the horn just went bad. Bought a horn but never installed it..
on Sunday i went and had a Evap code Cleared and one of the technicians said i had 2 open Flashes for the Car... So i said go ahead and do it..

so we flashed the PCM, and everything was fine..
went to Flash the CCN and right when we started lights on the inside of the car turned off, headlights turned on, SOLID red Security light turned on and lost all the cluster also, and i cant lock and unlock the car, and i cant out the car into gear without pressing the button on the side of the shift selector.
THE CAR STARTS RUNS AND DRIVES BUT NOTHING WORKS

it is a 2.0L Automatic.

i tried to reset the TIPM but still nothing...
has anyone had this issue in the past. i am not sure what to do.

reading 7 codes and most codes say LOST COMMUNICATION

·
Registered
683 Posts
Take it to a different dealership...the one you took it to sounds like it sucks and their techs have no idea how to fix cars :D

If you're getting LOST COMMUNICATION codes and the codes refer to different modules in the car then something is wrong with your CANBUS network. The car has two...the main network for the really important (ie: powertrain) stuff and a slower secondary network for accessories. Since your accessories are malfunctioning but your car starts and runs, it's likely an issue with the latter network. A tech should be able to attach a scope to the bus lines entering any of the affected modules to see if the expected waveforms are on the network. If the signals are there you could have a bad module (or modules), if they aren't then they need to figure out why. IIRC this slower network does eventually connect to the TIPM so yeah, the TIPM could be bad too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts