Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, forgive me if this is not the right place to post this but I am looking at getting a 2009 Caliber sxt with 65k miles and was wondering if this was still a good idea in 2021.

Would appreciate any opinions from you all.

Thanks, Nathan

·
Registered
Dodge Calibre SXT Sport CRD
56 Posts
Hi and welcome, As a new Dodge Caliber owner myself (07 SXT Sport CRD) under a year, apart from regular maintenance and issues I had identified on my pre-purchase inspection, Which should reflect in the asking price as you rightly point out theses car older cars now lol I've not had any unexpected issues or costs BUT I have read in the forum that these cars can either be good or bad and you'll get lots of opinions on both side's depending on the owners experience, so check it out top to bottom if you decide to go ahead, especially if your not mechanically minded, get a reputable garage or company to go over it head to toe could save you lots of money and unexpected headaches. Look for receipts and service history as a plus to the inspection (never buy a car without checking it first) I've found new parts (even trim) can be got at reasonable cost, even at times from Fiat Chrysler Jeep dealers (my local dealer is great) or as another option is there are lots in the breakers yards if need bits and bobs and at a lot less cost (see Ebay (new and used parts) Even Amazon has some parts for the Caliber I've found, as well as lots of other car part sites online. The number one advice I'd give though is read through this forum and find the common issues with the Caliber and the engine of your choice, see how others have solved these issues and take it from there. I love my Caliber, and its just a little different than the current stock of Euro boxes in the UK, also being a CRD its a VW engine and easy for parts and service. Good luck and happy motoring.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I guess it all depends on the price. I love my 2010 Caliber but it's rusting out big time despite my best efforts, so if you do think about buying one be absolutely sure to get it looked over by a good mechanic to ascertain its condition. At this point I'd also spend some time looking into parts availability over there in the UK to make sure you can still get whatever you need. The diesel version was never sold here in North America so you won't get parts for it from this side of the pond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts