Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my last post. I decided some months ago to make my 15,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post my last one. I haven't had my Caliber since June 2010, and the Caliber model is now three years out of production. 99% of the issues and questions have already been discussed. Everything is pretty much here. I've tried to keep issues libraried to make them as easy to find as possible. It's not perfect, but could be a whole lot worse.

I won't go into all my reasons for leaving, but it's been a fun ride, and all things eventually come to an end. I've gotten to know a number of members to the point that I feel comfortable calling them friends. Some I have even met in person. I will be hard deleting all my reference material that I used to help people here. I have to burn that bridge.

In parting; I will leave you with the 12 rules I have grown to live by:

Brad's Rules

#1 Never trust anyone further than you can throw them.
#2 Always forgive, but never forget.
#3 Your vises should never hurt others.
#4 Debate with facts.
#5 Doctors are tools.
#6 Never make friends just to have a friend.
#7 Turn negatives into positives.
#8 Children are very forgiving, don't take advantage of it.
#9 No hypocrisy.
#10 Family comes first.
#11 NO drama.
#12 Take responsibility for yourself.

So long!:)

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I've been watching your post count and wondered if you were actually going to pull the trigger, Brad. I sure do appreciate all of your hard work and have been amazed by your knowledge about the Calibers. Let me be the first to wish you a fond farewell and best wishes for the future, my friend. Keep in touch and may God bless you and your family. You're a good man and I KNOW you'll be missed her on the forum. I'm not far behind you.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
All the best Brad in the new year been fun but yes like the Caliber it is getting long in the tooth.
I am sure your input and organization will be missed.

Wes - bigtsr

·
Super Moderator
12,093 Posts
Enjoy your next project maybe a restoration to keeping using the knowledge.
Perfect motoring can get repetitive.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I'm saddened by this, but knew the day would come. The Forum will not be the same without you, those are some big shoes to fill!! I'm glad I was able to meet you in Gatlinburg, wish we could have spent more time together then. Take care of yourself, God bless!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've only been here a short amount of time, but I'm glad we were able to talk when we did. Thanks for the help and we will all miss having you here. Good luck out there. :Racing:

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still alive and it looks like there are still some old friends on here.:smileup:

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I'm still alive and it looks like there are still some old friends on here.:smileup:
Brad!!! Good to hear from you!!! Hope all is well.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Hey Brad, it sure is great to hear that you're still alive and kicking. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondered how you're doing. PM me your email address, if you don't mind. I'd like to stay in touch.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brad!!! Good to hear from you!!! Hope all is well.
Hey Brad, it sure is great to hear that you're still alive and kicking. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondered how you're doing. PM me your email address, if you don't mind. I'd like to stay in touch.
Still managing to keep myself going. My MDA doctor is amazed. Could be the "natural substance" I found that helps a lot. I'm now driving a 2012 Pathfinder. Need the extra HP to pull a small travel trailer. There's around 10,000 places around here within 150 miles to camp. My son is getting married, he's got a son on the way. The wife retires in 2 years. Hard to believe it's been over 4 yrs that I left the forum. I wasn't sure the forum was even still up. Hope you're all doing well. As soon as I get the time I'll turn IM on and send my email address. Take care!

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Still managing to keep myself going. My MDA doctor is amazed. Could be the "natural substance" I found that helps a lot. I'm now driving a 2012 Pathfinder. Need the extra HP to pull a small travel trailer. There's around 10,000 places around here within 150 miles to camp. My son is getting married, he's got a son on the way. The wife retires in 2 years. Hard to believe it's been over 4 yrs that I left the forum. I wasn't sure the forum was even still up. Hope you're all doing well. As soon as I get the time I'll turn IM on and send my email address. Take care!
Glad to hear you are doing well!! I don't have a Caliber anymore myself, bought a 2016 BMW X1 nearly fully loaded, so I'm not on here as much.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I don't have a Caliber either. I've been driving a 2017 Kia Forte since last July. Love it. 40mpg sure beats the 30 I was getting out of my worn out Chrylser 200. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials and grandson! What happened to the Subaru?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Traded the Subaru for the Pathfinder. My wife has a 2015 Forte Coupe. She loves that too! Can't pull the trailer with that. The Pathfinder doesn't even feel the travel trailer back there.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I"m getting 40+ mpg out on the open road with mine. In town, about 37. I'm surprised at how much better the mileage is as opposed to the 2013 Chrysler 200 I traded on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts