Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the fist time since I've had it ,I put my Cali. in Pick up mode today.I went to the loca DIY store to get a book case for the spare bedroom . my grandson usesit when he sleeps over at my house.I was fed up of tripping over piles of his books ,on the floor.
The book case came in Flat-Pack ,& was 6ft 6ins long &1ft 6ins wide(sorry I dont do metric)
So hatch up-one rear seat folded-front passenger seat folded flat.Flat pack in --easy. On awy home my wife sat in back on the unfolded seat.What a brilliant vesatile arrangement.Well done Dodge.
I would never been able to do that with any other car ive owned-that wasnt a station wagon.:worshippy:

Reactions: Brendy

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
You're lucky. I bought a bookcase and had to strap it to the roof because it was too wide to fit inside. All the space, and still unusable.:(

·
Registered
843 Posts
I used it in December to bring a water heater tank home from Lowes. The guy doubted me that it wouldnt fit. i said cmon.. try it and if it dont work, I'll be back with a truck. Well it fit perfectly. Didnt even need to push the front seat forward! My mom said you cant put that in there. I said yes i can and i will. she said you dont have a truck, Sandie. I laughed and said nope and wont need one either! (at least until I pick up a pellet stove)

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
it Carry's a big load Pete, when i first got mine i ordered my rims from halfords
and went to collect them, all four with tyres fitted in with ease. and the front folding seat is a must for the larger load from the diy store, folded flat and pushed forward there's lots of room,i recon i could fold the back seats flat and sleep there the night..and there's still ample room when you recline the rear seats.:D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Im 5'4ish and slept back there on road trips. My feet dangled off the end alittle but I guess I could of moved closer to the back and Id of been ok. I was just tired and needed to lay flat. I could never be able to fall asleep in the front seat of a car, even with the seat reclined. I went camping and kept the back end of the car as an alternate option if it got to cold in the tent.. to bad I couldn't do that because of the bears, racoons, ect that would of got into our stuff if i took it all out and put on the picnic table. Oh and the wild dogs.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
the only thing we would have to worry about if we were camping
Sandie would be someone making off with our stuff as we slept :i_rolleyes:, no bears or racoon's here, the odd badger and deer though..i like to curl up so maybe i would get comfy..;)

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
The one nice thing about my other car (Vibe) is that the window on the liftgate will open independent of the liftgate. I wish Dodge had picked up on that feature.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
the only thing we would have to worry about if we were camping
Sandie would be someone making off with our stuff as we slept :i_rolleyes:, no bears or racoon's here, the odd badger and deer though..i like to curl up so maybe i would get comfy..;)
We have the black bears, and the accational bullmoose that wanders down from Canada (i think) to mate with a dairy cow.. wild dogs (what are they also called again?), raccoons, skunks, deer, cant forget the mnt lion this past summer wandering the streets eating small pets that were outside. He eventually was hit by a car.

(true story about the moose and cow.. every year. It had to of been true love. We shipped that moose back and every year he came back.) Here ya go:

"From a forum of the Adirondacks"
I also heard that there are not enough cows in the ADK's to support the bull population. A lot more than 200 miles. Moose first became news in NY in the 1970's with sightings in pastures of dairy farm country along the Black River Valley... especially around Lewis County on the western side of the Adirondacks with a number of sightings over the next decade. These were moose heading west (upwind) from Vermont in search of cow moose. They didn't stop in the Adirondacks, but passed completely through to the western side, apparently on to the scent of dairy cows.

Many people saw them, always bull moose, standing in pastures staring at dairy cows. Word spread fast among the local farms and communities, making regular headlines. The moose walked right through barbed wire fences like they weren't even there. Watching them standing all alone over looking holsteins, you could almost imagine the thoughts the poor guys had "well, there they are, they have the smell but not the look I had expected."

So the thought is the bulls were heading upwind (west) in search of cow moose. They were attracted by the smell of dairy cows. Eventually the cow moose followed and they both found suitable habitat in the Adirondacks, living happily ever after. :clap:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm an active DIY'r, the caliber has kept up with my xterra as far as a loader. Lumber, ladders, tiles, you name it. The fold flat front seat makes things simple.
Two features I with it had
1) pop up rear window previously mentioned,
2) rear release to fold down the rear seats.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey you paint a great picture!! I can Imagine all you said.In 1994 I hired a car in NY.(94 Chrysler Imperial)We drove NY-Penn Marshalls Creek-Scranton-Niagra USA----Niagra-Canada(1day only) Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse---back to NY.Handed back car.Had 4 day NY sightseeing,Hotel very near Time Sq.WE did Statten Island Ferry,Empire state bld.Radio City.Central Park.USS Intrepid etc etc.Great time --Great country---Oh yes not forgetting Poconas & Jim Thorpe city

·
Super Moderator
12,142 Posts
Hi-ho-hi-ho

back from the builders' yard

Gardening

1 - 13 of 13 Posts