Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the caliber forums because i dont have alot of extra cash for mechanics to drain. I have a 2007 caliber 2.0 SXT. I had saved and ordered 4 new strut assembly and 4 new tires. When i took to local tire shop to have tires changed over i was told i had a bad wheel bearing on passenger side at which time i took to local mechanic and he said it was the axle that needed replaced. Had that done ran great for couple weeks than engine started to stall. Had crankshaft sensor replaced ran good for 2 days than check engine light started flashing and ]⚡[ (except red) would stay on after finally starting and 10mph is maxime speed. The mechanic assures me he has recalibrated my throttle body but i continue to be having the same problems. Does my computer need reset and if so how do i do this. Thanks for any help yall can throw my way

·
Registered
22 Posts
To start with, you are currently getting a check engine light? If so, do you know exactly what codes it is reporting? If not, have the codes read and report them back here, some auto parts stores and many shops will read your codes for free (but some wont tell you what the codes are, make sure they will tell you the actual codes reported). The codes will have letters and digits, like this: P0335 You can google the codes that you find from your car and get an idea of what is going on.

You might consider investing in your own code reader.

Throttle body calibration, or lack thereof, is not likely to cause severe start problems or 10mph max speed.

I've recalibrated the throttle on my Caliber using a fancy code reader. There is supposedly a throttle calibration procedure that does not require a fancy tool where you turn the key on and off and pres the throttle a number of times in a certain order, but I'm not sure that really works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I remember reading about how to Improve throttle response in another post. Hope this helps.

(Link Below)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts