Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lights blink intermittently on own?!?!

The weirdest thing started happening a month or so ago to my little blue cali. My SXT will blink its lights at me with no prompting by me intermittently. Simultaneously, the turn signal indicators on the dash instrument cluster blink (both left and right almost if the hazard lights are about to come on). I am pretty sure it is the turn signal indicators that blink. The blinking is so quick that by the time I look down it is gone. This can happen while the car is running or just sitting in the parking lot cold. It can happen while idling or on interstate. They don’t blink on a regular interval nor do they blink during any one action of mine (i.e. even while I am in the house looking out at it). Besides the possibility that my precious caliber is possessed, does anyone have any ideas? I am do for a 30K service and plan on bringing it up, however would like to first know if anyone else can shed some light on the issue. My guess was an electrical short. The turn lights, signals, and hazards all work otherwise. Thanks!!:4-looney:

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I'd check all of the fuses under the hood first. You never know, one could be loose and giving an intermittent connection.

Reactions: LYC79

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
It could also possibly be an issue with the key fob. Maybe it's malfunctioning or the lock button is being activating in your pocket. Are there any new cell phone towers in your area, or a new ham operator? Those can interfere with fob operation.

(Side note) Nice to see you back Charlie.;)

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I was going to tell you it could be the key fob, but Prop1 (Brad) beat me to it LOL!!!

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Brad. I've had some personal issues I've had to deal with for a while and have finally come to accept them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas guys!!!

I will check the fuse and bring up the key fob at the dealership. I love this forumz. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts