Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with led headlights that cut in and out? I bought the Sylvania plug and play led h13s for my 2009 Caliber sxt and as I drive they cut out then come back on every minute or two. I have a long drive to work on dark roads and the regular halogen bulbs just weren't letting me see well enough

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information here for you to catch up on.
Caliber requires CANBUS parts, LEDs need ballast resistance which may be your issue.
Another common issue with old corroded wiring is that it is easy to pull on the harness during a bulb swap and crack a wire or connection, especially with the notorious access restrictions on the car.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Calibers generally don't take kindly to LED conversions...the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM, ie: computerized fuse box) is looking for halogens and if the electrical draw of the bulbs deviates from what it's expecting weird things will happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Buenas, solo tienes que intercalar unas resistencia para engañar al TIPM. Si el consumo es inferior a 50W hace flash, al poner resistencia cree que lleva halógenas de 50W.
Yo lo llevo y sin problema.
Las luces de posicion W5W en led no tendras ese problema, con antiniebla tampoco.

Saludos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts