Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 dodge caliber, noticed a strange smell the other day, open the hood and I noticed a little clear smoke from on the bolts i believe on my intake manifold? The car is not overheating, what could it be? photo
is attached

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the exhaust manifold.

I'm guessing something leaked or dripped onto the manifold.
That is what I assumed as well, due to the "window cleaner squirt hose thingy" being loose, and aiming directly at it, I figured someone hit it. However, after wiping it clean and starting the car back up, within two or so minutes it starts smoking again? I;m confused as heck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably leaked underneath the heat shield there, give it more time to burn off.

If it is still smoking, you may have some sort of oil or exhaust leak (or both).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably leaked underneath the heat shield there, give it more time to burn off.

If it is still smoking, you may have some sort of oil or exhaust leak (or both).
Could oil/water be leaking from the bolt itself due to rust/ware etc etc etc

·
Registered
153 Posts
The bolt circled in your picture holds the metal heat shields on the exhaust manifold.

The source of whatever is leaking or smoking is not related to that bolt.

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
Could oil/water be leaking from the bolt itself due to rust/ware etc etc etc
If it were coming from inside that would normally be under pressure with the engine running. You could spray a mist over it with a squirter to look for leak bubbles to reassure yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts