Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was at work today looking thru the Intranet. The bank offers discounts to many diff places and attractions, so I decided Id check out Great Escape. It told me I can get tickets for $27 but I dont know if thats the 2007 Rates or the 2008 Rates. I guess I will have to check back again in a couple months. Right now Im saving for my white water rafter adventure on Black River (near Watertown NY). $58 4-5hrs and a bbq at the end. If I live thru that, I was thinking about checking the area of Lake George for hotel/motel prices. Camping is another option I thought about if I decided to bring the kids. So many decisions!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
never mind. kids can stay home. lol I have more fun without them. My older one doesnt do rides and very much on the wimpy side. my youngest is like me.. opposite of his brother but too young to do stuff that I like doing. Learning from experience.. slowly lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I should still have the name of the place I stayed at a few years ago, it was clean, reasonably priced, owners were friendly and everyone had their own cabin.
As far as Great Escape, I believe we got them through one of your mini-mart stores like 7-eleven etc.. I figure I'll poll for a date and stay option (camp/motel) later on.

River rafting is a blast, I'd suggest investing in some cheap scuba pants/footwear..the water is always colder than you think.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I had figured the water would be pretty cold still on June 8th. Ive been told I can rent a wet suit but Id rather see how much they are before deciding. I'm sure I will do rafting at least once or twice a year, so investing in one wont go to total waste. Im pretty excited about the whole thing actually. Been a dream to try it at least once in my life. :shy:

Doing polls would be a great idea, of course. So much to do up there I see.

·
Registered
843 Posts
:eek: Shame on me!!! :worshippy:

Ok we can follow each other too!! :loser1: I do tend to have a bit of a lead foot though ;)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thats my next investment.. a portable GPS for the car. I travel a lot and used to have a good sense of direction, BUT lately it hasn't been so trustworthy. My brother inlaw bought one 3 months before they moved down to VA Beach, shortly after getting to VA his GPS would just shut off on its own, not keeping its charge. I have to look at what he has and remember NOT to get that one. lol;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
By personal experience, you can't go wrong with Garmin. The format of the units have increased greatly, they do so much more now at a reasonable price. Personally, I don't like the GPS units themselves for mapping strange enough, not that there is anything really wrong with them. I took many road trips to parts unknown with my xterra clan, so I set up my truck to handle the gps and my laptop to work together. Nothing like having a big screen to follow and you navigate new towns and sites. I use the laptop during the trips anyway for pictures and information anyway.
I'd also suggest Miscrosoft Streets and Trips, a real cheap program, but it covers the states as well as Canada, and has to be the easiest to navigate and alter, yet light enough that you can load everything into the laptop so you no longer need the CD's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i live in Las Vegas but im from albany NY which is about 45 minutes away from lake george....ive spent MANY MANY spring and summers up there cruising around and showing off on the strip...there is plenty to do there for sure! BUTTTT being that im in las vegas...you probably wont see me lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
OK... I'd rather be driving the strip at Vegas than Lake George too.... Maybe if this get together works, we'll look for a longer road trip

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So is this still happening? ANYONE..., ANYONE,,,, BUELLER?
Bueller here... this thread was for initial interest for a cross border meet, we (Montreal) are having another meet and greet on May 3rd. I want to work on members here to follow us down and see what black out dates we have, then set up a poll to work out the right date overall.

I might just poll here early and work in reverse. I'll PM everyone that posted to this thread.

·
Registered
843 Posts
shakesdiddy should come back to NY for a 'family reunion' purpose. You know he misses NY state.

Ive been planning on attending this trip. Kinda excited darn it.. hurry up! LOL I just need to get away, which may happen soon. White Water rafting trip in June, as long as I dont fall out and end up floating down the river, lost.. I should be avail for the meet up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OK.. I put a poll in for days... pick all dates that you can make it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think its a great idea and that it should be in June the latest cuz after june it gets really busy in lake george

21 - 37 of 37 Posts