Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few Montreal owners were shooting the $hit and considering a cross border meet. The central intersection seems to be Lake George ... approx 3 hours for Montreal, New York city/Jersey, New Hampshire.
What would be the interest for a week-end meet, although 3 hours back and forth isn't totally out of the question for a day trip.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I'm so busy these days, I'm not sure. i'd have to know when this would take place and plan ahead. But I'm not excluding it. I have to renew my passport soon though.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Lake George is a brilliant idea. Bring me a case of Molson Brador, it's not for sale in NY. I'll bring the bagels and pie.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I'd be up for a meet and greet there, just get the date set, and let's get this going!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going to have an official local meet here on May 3rd (orange julip), from the local response, we'll set a date for Lake George.
Lake George is a great little town, great water front and the Great Escape Theme Park is close by.

Molson is do-able, I'm used to having a few cases tucked into the car for our US friends.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Weekend trip works for me.. camping?? lol I hadnt been to lake george, believe it or not. Sounds like a good time.. I promise to behave. :p I will be out that way to the ausable chasm for white water rafting in July.. but i think thats still a distance from Lake George.

I am invited, right? HAHAHA:sla:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd be up for a trip to Lake George...never been there before.
If the timing is right maybe I can bring my whole family for a weekend trip!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely a positive response, 3-4 Americans, 3-4 Canadians (ones I know of). I'll follow with more info after our meet in Montreal. Please keep chiming in as I'll pm everyone listed here as a reminder.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hey wait... what "next Montreal meet"?

I've missed a post?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting.... makes 9-10 Calibers, looks like I picked a good middle ground.

As far as Ottawa Members, since its an easy 3 hour drive from here, we can always co-ordinate a meet up spot and have a bigger caravan...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just a hair over 4 for me on the right day I'd be willing to come on out. I've never been there either. LMK. Feisty and I can meet and CURZ together maybe.
Hey whats LMK? Is that something naughty? :eek: lol Just a hair over?? Is that like a comb over job?? I have to do that too!!!:eek:

I wouldn't mind car pooling. Then we would have to see whose caliber we take. so many decisions!! HAHA! :confused: He just wants discount tickets for the Great Escape! HAHA! ok i need to go lay down. I've been having chest pains.. not sure if its stress or just sympathy pains for my friend thats pregnant. :confused:

I WILL be back! :jok:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Interesting.... makes 9-10 Calibers, looks like I picked a good middle ground.

As far as Ottawa Members, since its an easy 3 hour drive from here, we can always co-ordinate a meet up spot and have a bigger caravan...
i've been told its 4.5 hours to lake george from ottawa. just because its not a direct route, so its not major highways that you use. im sure there are other ways around that, but depends on what kind of detour you want to make. i could be up for it though, i would know closer to the time of the meet.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i've been told its 4.5 hours to lake george from ottawa. just because its not a direct route, so its not major highways that you use. im sure there are other ways around that, but depends on what kind of detour you want to make. i could be up for it though, i would know closer to the time of the meet.
Its a straight highway route from here (been there before with my xterra clan), you can always drive straight here, then we all leave. In any case, deails will work out when the time comes.

I usually take the longer, back highways on the way home and make it a milkrun as you roll through the small towns stateside. You always seem to cross some town that is having a festival/fair and makes the slow pace that much more enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts