Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi my girlfriends 2007 caliber just recently started making a knocking and sound a small whine when acceleratimg. After searching around it kinda sounds like the common alternator problem. Im posting a video so i can get some insight from you guys. If you do believe its the alternator is there a write up on replacement. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m307zXvgPI8&feature=youtu.be

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Sounds like the alternator.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience, but it sure sounds like some of the other posts that have been here with that problem. You can download a manual from this site.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Somebody needs to do an alternator DIY... I would do it, but my alternator is fine and I have an extended warranty. In short, I never plan on touching the damn thing lol.
if my alternator ever goes, Ill make sure to do a DIY. 2007...no warranty...still going strong though. I hope to never deal with it also lol

I can't speak from personal experience, but it sure sounds like some of the other posts that have been here with that problem. You can download a manual from this site.
same here, sounds like most of the other videos. become a supporting member, there are tons of benefits, including being able to download the service manual :smileup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts