Dodge Caliber Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Personally, i bought the K&N air intake, and it was missing a tube to connect it to the engine. Which i know is probably something that was a glitch in the assembly line or whatever, but i went with the mopar one afterwards and i have had no problems with it.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
I am guess AutoAnything's price went up....I am seeing 268.13 - $10 forum code =258.13 shipped?
Looks that way!! I guess it's a little late to get that bargain now.:eek:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
How much of a difference would it make in the air intake's functionality if someone changed their stock hood with a scoop hood like on the SRT4? This could be a tempting mod for those who want more pep, but don't want to spend the extra thousands on the SRT4.
The hood scoop on the CSRT4 does not give to the intake system,
it helps exchange air in the engine compartment only.
The air intake is at the grill apature then back to the airbox,if you want a
ram air hood either build it youself or google the net for custom hoods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The hood scoop on the CSRT4 does not give to the intake system,
it helps exchange air in the engine compartment only.
The air intake is at the grill apature then back to the airbox,if you want a
ram air hood either build it youself or google the net for custom hoods.
I wasn't talking about the air system in general. I was referring to those who have added a K&N (or similar) cold air intake to their system.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys. This is my first time here.Im 16 years old and this is my first car. Its a new 2.0 sxt. I was thinking about installing a intake system because i hear it sound really great and has some performance benefits. I had some trouble installing HID's for the headlights, but the fogs were easy. I usually do this stuff myself. I have no idea what to do unless a instruction booklet comes with it. Do you think i can do it myself and have it work successfully?

Thanks
-Chris.
must be nice - when I was 16 I had to borrow my parents car - they said if I got a car I would spend too much time working on it, working for money to drive/ work on the car.

my first car was a 1976 Chevy chevette - in 1990 ( I was 20) - that car sucked. but it could hold 4 kegs and 2 30lb bags of ice!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah must be real nice..My first car was a 70 Olds Vista Cruiser with a 350 Rocket and yeah it got like 8mpg at best, but gas was only about 50 cents a gallon at that time. I started driving in 81 so this car was 11 years old when i started driving but i had plenty of room for all my friends. Looked just like Eric Foremans car from "That 70s Show"

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
How often do I need to clean my K&N cold-air intake? (The filters...)?
That depends on the conditions in which you drive. If you're on dusty roads often, you'll need to clean it more.

This is from K&N's website.

4. How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.