Dodge Caliber Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how it's the intakes fault. Unless you damaged any sensors or forgot to re-connect them during install. Trace back your steps and make sure everything is OK.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:confused:omg after running the kn cold air intake for 1 day my obd came on and i`m hearing a whirring noise on decaccelaration and also a sound that sounds like wheel bearings grating on take off i am so disappointed!
I'd do 2 things, recheck install as excaliber suggested, then disconnect the battery for a few hours.
Wheel bearing noise, maybe just a coincidence.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
i have a question about cold air intake, not sure if it has been answered yet, but does it do anything for gas mileage?
If you take into consideration that you'll be flooring it to hear how it sounds, intially you'll get poor mileage. Don't expect any miracles with it in gas savings, but it may have a small increase.

·
Registered
166 Posts
original box in still obd lite

found nothing on the steps i did sensor not damaged i checked it first. the grating sound siunds like wheel bearing or old time type speedometer cable sound when they used to go bad . the whirring sound was the kn intake i found out after i put original air box back in<want no hassles at all from dealer monday about that>Why in heaven`s name did i get rid of my pt for this! my sisters 2.0 se caliber with cvt is faster at take off! and no grating sound she has 23000 miles with her cvt caliber... arghhh..... the lite didn`t come on till after 3 hours off and on driving yesterday after installl that`s another reason why i think its not the kn that this problem is also

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
found nothing on the steps i did sensor not damaged i checked it first. the grating sound siunds like wheel bearing or old time type speedometer cable sound when they used to go bad . the whirring sound was the kn intake i found out after i put original air box back in<want no hassles at all from dealer monday about that>Why in heaven`s name did i get rid of my pt for this! my sisters 2.0 se caliber with cvt is faster at take off! and no grating sound she has 23000 miles with her cvt caliber... arghhh..... the lite didn`t come on till after 3 hours off and on driving yesterday after installl that`s another reason why i think its not the kn that this problem is also
Let us know what it is when you find out.;)

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Just got mine in the mail, and with in 30min I was up and running. Man they should have come from the factory with this thing. Not bad for $120 to my door.
Where in the world did you get it so cheap?

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
The cheapest you may have been able to get it, is from Autoanything using the forum coupon code, it would have been $197.95 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Anyone from Canada place an order through Autoanything. I'm just wondering what kind of extra surcharges I might have? I know customs but they mention a few others on their website.
Maybe your best bet is to call them and see what the bottom line is, couldn't hurt.;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
fault code P2004 came back yesterday same conditions autostick revving up to 4000 rpm in 4th gear before shifting to 5th and gear. i bought a Innova 1303 scantool can obd2 reader. took live data readings found spiked iat OF 113 degrees. took modesty cover off engine and redid live data run and intake air temp dropped to 72 degrees engine running noticedly better especially at rolloff the line speed better and it doesn`t throw the code in 4th gear at up to 5000 rpm before shifting in fact it stopped throwing the code . i verified this 4th gear 4000 rpm code throwing 4 times every time it did it now after the modesty cover removal o times throwed! now i know why for sure chrysler decided not to put them on anymore lmao.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.