Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Great price! Even better than we got ours!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Im glad i alread got mine, yours will be a pain! ;)

Make sure you torque it to 55lbs

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
crap i just spent all my money on black friday. i sure hope theres still one when i get paid....

if anyone wants to buy it for me ill pay you back :p

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Don't forget - use new gaskets at both ends of the header.
This is very important for exhaust system safety (potentially lots of CO in the piping between the engine exhaust outlets and cat inlet)

Set of necessary gaskets about 20 bucks at NAPA, peace of mind with new gaskets - priceless

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't forget - use new gaskets at both ends of the header.
This is very important for exhaust system safety (potentially lots of CO in the piping between the engine exhaust outlets and cat inlet)

Set of necessary gaskets about 20 bucks at NAPA, peace of mind with new gaskets - priceless
Will do, thanks a lot Dave!

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a heck of a deal. A member over at Avenger Forumz just ordered one of these off ebay for his 2.4 and bolted them up. I wish I could find some headers for my car that cheap! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^^^^That'd be me!!! LOL
What's up DMAC, its Tinknoker!!!!

Anyways, I was hunting around this forum, like a couple others from the Avenger Forumz, trying to get info on IF the header would fit our cars. I have to say though this is the first time I heard someone say buy new exhaust gaskets.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
well its advised and reccomended to get new exhaust gaskets. there are a number of things that COULD go wrong with the gasket after some years, add in how a person drives their car and weather conditions too. I replaced headers in my my old truck and HAD to replace the gaskets too because they were cracked and real brittle. IMO, spend the few extra dollars and have nothing to worry about! :smileup:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
^^^^^That'd be me!!! LOL
What's up DMAC, its Tinknoker!!!!

Anyways, I was hunting around this forum, like a couple others from the Avenger Forumz, trying to get info on IF the header would fit our cars. I have to say though this is the first time I heard someone say buy new exhaust gaskets.
I'm the one that advised new gaskets. Most gaskets, seals, O rings and the like are one time use items. They never resal like new once taken apart (they have been crushed to beyond their elastic limit during the initial assembly).
I've been an engineer for 33 years and worked on all sorts of machinery even longer (curious kid, I guess), and in all that time, I have never seen any service manual or instruction book say it's OK to reuse a gasket, they always require new ones at reassembly in order to get a proper seal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This Header will fit the AWD Model? I know we have the o2 sensor in top of the manifold but I dont see any space for it in this header??

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Nope. No header or aftermarket exhaust for the All Wheel Drive version of the Caliber available.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts