Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many have maxed out their Caliber's storage capacity??

I was cleaning out my car today, to get ready for the warranty work (if they even do any). And took some pictures and then I found THESE pictures.

FYI those are 31" All Terrains on 15" Rims and are 8" Wide. Not bad I think....

I also just cleaned up the tire marks the tires made on my Cali's interior plastic.

TIP: Fast Orange/GOJO works great for tiremarks, grease, and other ingrained dirt in your plastic. Just rub it on with your hand, and use a damp towel to clean it up!

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I just can't wait to see how your Caliber looks with those 31's on it. Post a picture please. LOL

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Wait... you let a pigeon poop on your car?? :hul:

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Sadly, with the rear seats up, I have less room for hauling in the Caliber than my Vibe. But with the seats down, I have more hauling capacity in the Caliber. Go figure!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can put 8 foot 2x4's in my Caliber and shut the rear hatch, but in our GMC Envoy XUV, U have to put the tailgate down and let them hang out. Although, I do lose the front passenger seat in the Cali when I do that.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
The biggest items carried in my caliber was a 40" LCD tv, and the tv stand to mount it on.......fit like a glove!!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
The biggest items carried in my caliber was a 40" LCD tv, and the tv stand to mount it on.......fit like a glove!!
The biggest thing I tried to carry inside was a bookcase. It fit through the outer edge of the door frame, but not the inner. It got strapped to the roof instead. The second biggest was my 42" LCD TV and stand...fit like a glove!!!:D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I haul quite alot in the Caliber, mostly lumber. I wish my xterra had the fold flat seat. The only thing I try to avoid it heavy stuff, the suspension gets a nose up attitude if I do.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Sadly, with the rear seats up, I have less room for hauling in the Caliber than my Vibe. But with the seats down, I have more hauling capacity in the Caliber. Go figure!:rolleyes:
Go sit in the back of your Vibe and you'll understand. There's no leg room there compared to the Caliber.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Go sit in the back of your Vibe and you'll understand. There's no leg room there compared to the Caliber.
It's actually pretty close to the same. The difference is the Vibe has a square box for a cargo area, while the Caliber has a pyramid shaped cargo area. The Vibe's dash is set closer to the front seats making it overall shorter both inside and out. The big advantage in the Vibe is that because the rear window can open independent of the tailgate, I can carry a 16' board without a problem. You can't do that with a Caliber.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I easily loaded up with 210+150 square feet of Ikea flooring, plus plastic sheeting underlayment, 90' x 4 bundles of fiberboard underlayment, and thick foam padding for extra insulation/sound deadening just two days ago. Smooth driving as always.

I'd love to see photos of those tires ON your Cali instead of simply in the boot.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The biggest thing I tried to carry inside was a bookcase. It fit through the outer edge of the door frame, but not the inner. It got strapped to the roof instead. The second biggest was my 42" LCD TV and stand...fit like a glove!!!:D

Are you guys bragging by anny chance? :confused::eek:

:D

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Are you guys bragging by anny chance? :confused::eek:

:D
Maybe a little, but mine was a gift from Beth, it's for my bedroom. The next one I get will more than likely be much bigger.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have you all beat. Hands down, no questions.
I took a family of four on a two week trip to Dallas Texas, with all belongings needed for all (1.5 suitcases/travel bags each, not counting small travel bags for once we are there), three small DVD players, and who knows how many hours worth of DVD's. Blankets, pillows, coolers, snacks, CD's, coats, maps, etc. That's for the trip DOWN to Texas. We can never go anywhere and not come back with more stuff than we came with. It's impossible. Every possible square inch of the Caliber was filled with the exception of the space we ourselves took up. We're talking the rear floorboards have travel bags and coolers. There are bags between the child seats (Kids are 6&7) The DVD players are stacked under Cindy's feet with DVD carrying cases close by. You can NOT see out the back window. Opening the rear hatch is like a trip to Mr. Whoopee's closet on a quest to find the 3 DBB... (Raise your hand if you got that...) Even the Chill zone was full.

Now, here's a comparison. In years gone by, we have taken two other vehicles on this round trip, a Chevy Tahoe, and a GMC Envoy. Both unquestionably larger than the Caliber, we really didn't take anything more than we did this time and we still managed to cram them, what seemed to be, just as full.
So, I think the Caliber, when properly stuffed, will indeed hold an insane amount of stuff!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Maybe a little, but mine was a gift from Beth, it's for my bedroom. The next one I get will more than likely be much bigger.
Be careful on the size. The interesting thing about LCD screens is that they have a minimum usable focal length for maximum clarity. My 42" is optimum for my viewing distance of 8-12 ft. 46-47" are good from 12-15 ft, and over 50" requires around 20' minimum. If you look close, like under 6' on your LCD you'll see the HD picture looks speared with movement. Hence, the bigger the screen the further you need to be back to trick the mind into not seeing the smear. I learned all this from a very well informed, honest salesman. I was going for the 46" but he showed me the 42" was best for my application. The newer sets coming out that have 120Hz refresh rates have helped to minimize that issue, but not completely.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Well when we get a house and start moving if Pixie gets loaded up I'll have to take pictures, so far largest items where the gazebo we bought used the fold flat front seat and it fit inside no issues! Then a couple 245/45 17R tire take offs from my Mustang and of course Tinkerbells travel kennel.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
The newer sets coming out that have 120Hz refresh rates have helped to minimize that issue, but not completely.
HHMMMMM!!! I have the 120HZ refresh rate......lucky me!!!!:p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
52 in the living room, 42 in the bedroom... I'm still deciding what to get for the basement :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts