Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Caliber just passed 30K so I changed the Sparkplugs and Oil I used Bosh platinum plugs, Mobil 1 Oil and WIX filter the only question the filter I got was for a 07-10 caliber and was bigger then the 07-09 filter the gasket was in the same place and it dose not seem to leak or have any other problems has anyone eles seen this or heard of it.. Just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Nope. What number Wix filter did you get. Maybe someone else that uses them can compare for you. I use the Purolator Gold series filters on mine with Castrol Syntec and Champion plugs.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Well my Caliber just passed 30K so I changed the Sparkplugs and Oil I used Bosh platinum plugs, Mobil 1 Oil and WIX filter the only question the filter I got was for a 07-10 caliber and was bigger then the 07-09 filter the gasket was in the same place and it dose not seem to leak or have any other problems has anyone eles seen this or heard of it.. Just curious.

Thanks.
As long as the thread is correct and the gasket lines up, that's all that counts. I've had cars that could use 2 different size filter cans. So not surprising.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I believe Wix discontinued the smaller can unit, the larger can unit is a direct replacement. A gentleman named Francois on this forum has posted a lot of info on filters, you may want to look up some of his posts - I think he started a whole thread devoted to oil filters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts