Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a base model 2008 dodge caliber, and I have come to realize im already getting annoyed having to manually lock and unlock the doors and also roll the windows down with a crank. How difficult would it be to install power door locks and windows? There are no master switches on either door panels, just a change holder and a window crank.

If I called the dealership would they install the power locks and windows for me?

I was also wondering how difficult it would be to install an alarm system. Im going to be putting about $1000 worth of speaker systems into it, and I want it to be as safeguarded and worrisome for thiefs as it can get.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
How difficult should be how expensive? The answer is just buy the car you actually want, always easier.

For modders the options are after-market kits, or doors off a wrecker. If paying a workshop costs quickly exceed the value of the vehicle.
Auto-electricians advertise alarms. Everything from a siren to silent trackers and hidden cloud cameras. budgets to match. Nothing will worry thieves though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
“[…]roll the windows down with a crank.”

I don’t even know what that means. Does it have anything to do with the 8-track? 😁

I would agree with Aleks, and buy the car you want. Calibers with no power options are rare - save your speaker money and find a Caliber with power options. They’re all over the place, and very affordable now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts