Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 with the RDS Navigation radio. Does anyone know what is the proper iPod adapter for this radio? I brought it to my dealer but they tried installing it and were unsuccessful. I think they were dumb and tried putting the cable from the mygig radio into the crappy RDS.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the same car and radio as you and I can tell you that the PAC interface does work as advertised. http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=14&CategoryID=22

Unfortunately, there is nothing displayed on the radio, just a big white screen. So you're navigating your iPod blind. And the steering wheel controls only go as deep as changing tunes within a folder. You have to use the iPod controls (which remain working) to change folders.

I wish the Mopar interface would have worked for me. I could only get sound on one side. Dealr finally punted and said that they could not keep up with all the different iPods since Apple refuses to publish interface specs. But you could control everything on the iPod and the radio displayed everything. It would have been great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered and installed the Pac audio interface as well. there is no display on the radio because it uses the VES ports for the iPod interface. but other than that, it works like a charm and having the extra aux input helps a bunch as well.

oh, and it was an EASY install as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts