Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this iphone/ipod OBD-II monitor? Looks pretty awesome, (though think I would prefer a dedicated gauge in my car)

Link to the company's site:
http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Image of app:

The app is 39 dollars, a PLX Kiwi Wifi obd2 connector is 149.
Puts the price pretty close to the 200+$ scangauge- (I'm still leaning towards the scangauge- but this seems interesting.)

(Sorry if this has already been posted- I did a quick search and didnt see anything.)

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts
I've not seen the app before, looks interesting.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks interesting, and I love my iPhone and all it can do, but I think with it so close to the price (app + connector) I'd rather pay the difference and get the scan gauge.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting side note; i contacted the developers today and their next release (rev 2.0) will handle air/fuel wideband sensor input using the Kiwi Wifi interface.

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you want something simple just to fart around with I saw a couple on there for $14. Dynolicious was one, and I have it. I'm still trying it out though, initial trials have the car graphs as a flat band due to our smooth acceleration hehe. But I also don't have it hard mounted like they recommend. First couple of shots in my other car were much more successful. It even stores charts based on modifications you input. Ie you can compare before and after charts when you add or remove an upgrade such as CAI or CatBack etc.

http://www.dynolicious.com/

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want something simple just to fart around with I saw a couple on there for $14. Dynolicious was one]
Most of what the dynolicious does- my SRT's "performance pages" dash does... (just not quite as nice looking.)

I ended up ordering the OBDII wifi adapter last night out of curiosity- I'll keep ya'll posted on how well it works.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up ordering the OBDII wifi adapter last night out of curiosity- I'll keep ya'll posted on how well it works.
I guess I fail at updating this.
I use it to monitor my passes at the track and then note whats going on in photoshop. It exports excel files, and I just take screen shots of the the graph the app generates.

Here is one from the last time I went:

·
Super Squirrel
818 Posts
there is a $5 app for the android OS called Torque as well. Im gonna get the bluetooth Kiwi module in a few weeks and ill update u on that when i try it. i have the app and looks pretty good but total cost for me would be $105 fairly cheaper than the scangauge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts